Notepad++ is more than just a text-editor. Being an Open-Sourced tool with Plugins makes it most powerful Text Editor available for Windows platform.
Notepad++ has a pre-installed plug-in called Converter that has an option to Convert ASCII to HEX and Vice-versa. This tool is quite useful as to convert data files that are in HEX format which are to be converted to ASCII to read.
How to Use it (Conversion Panel):
You can get to Converter Panel by going to Menu → Plugins → Converter → Conversion Panel
You get a Dialog Box with ASCII, Decimal, Hexadecimal, Binary, Octa-decimal fields. Entering a value in any of these fields converts text to other options.
You can convert the whole text file to ASCII from HEX and vice-versa by selecting all text in Notepad++ and go-to Menu → Plugins → Converter → ASCII to HEX/HEX to ASCII
- Enabling Notepad++ Dark Theme
- Base 64 Encoding Decoding In Notepad++
- Notepad++ Editor alternatives for Mac OS X
- Replace tabs by spaces or comma Notepad++
- Word wrap text in Notepad++
- How to Convert CSV file to SQL Script using Notepad++
- Add Custom header and footer to Windows Notepad file
- Show Notepad++ tabs in multiple lines instead of scroll on tab bar
- Change default language highlighting in Notepad++
- Delete blank lines in a file using Notepad++
- [Nopepad++] How to add text at end of each line
- Setting up Cloud feature with Notepad++
- Notepad++ Save Failed - Please check if this file is opened in another program.
- Find and Replace Multiple different words with the same word in a text file
- How to un-hide tab bar in notepad++
- Convert text to random case using Notepad++
- Word count in Notepad++
- Compare two text files in Notepad++
- How to check about details of Notepad++ text editor
- How to connect to an FTP or SFTP location using Notepad++
- How do I run HTML file in Notepad? (Windows)
- Where are Notepad++ macros stored?
- How to turn off CR LF CRLF in Notepad++
- Notepad++ Ghost typing Examples
- Add Text at Start and End of Each Line Notepad++