One would need to clear the cache of a URL or website in serval situations:
- Make sure you see the latest version of a website: Browsers tend to cache various elements of a website such as images, scripts, and stylesheets to speed up page loading times. However, this can cause the browser to display an outdated version of a website. Clearing the cache ensures that the browser downloads the latest version of all files for the website.
- Resolve website errors: At times, cached data can cause website errors such as broken links or missing images. Clearing the cache can help resolve these issues by forcing the browser to re-download all website resources. If you are a software developer or a UI/UX tester, it could be that you are debugging a bug or a feature.
- Troubleshoot website issues: If a website is not displaying properly or is behaving strangely, clearing the cache can be a useful troubleshooting step. Cached data can sometimes interfere with website functionality, and clearing the cache can help diagnose the issue.
How to clear cache
- Open Safari web browser on your Mac
- Now in the menu go to Safari -> Settings (on macOS Ventura, or Preferences)
- Now move to Privacy tab and click on "Manage Website data..."
- Search for the website/URL that you want to clear the cache.
- Now select your result and click on Remove button
Have Questions? Post them here!
More Posts related to MacOS,
- Opening mac Terminal
- How to change default macOS Terminal Window size
- How to clear Mac Terminal screen
- Find Hostname of Mac running on macOS Ventura 13
- Installing MongoDB on Linux/Unix/macOS/Ubuntu
- How to switch from bash to zsh shell in macOS Terminal
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- How to Set Background Wallpaper on macOS 13 Ventura
- This operation couldnt be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. [macOS]
- Encode or Decode Base64 String using Mac Terminal Command
- List of All Apple Silicon ARM Based M1/M2 Mac [updated Oct 2022)
- How to remove Siri from Menu Bar [macOS Big Sur]
- Must Know Homebrew Commands for Mac/Linux Users
- Hide Keyboard Text Input Icon on macOS Ventura Menu Bar
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- How to change the default location of Mac Screenshot
- How to set Out Of Office (OOO) on Outlook for Mac
- 30+ Zoom video communications application shortcuts for macOS
- How to install wget on macOS
- Mac turn dark mode on or off using terminal command
- Create Symbolic Link using Terminal Command
- Mac - How to Install VirtualBox
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to install homebrew (brew) on M1 Mac
- How to uninstall Microsoft Outlook on Mac
- bash: netstat: command not found - Bash
- Android Installation error: INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK on Device - Android
- How to take user input from the console in a Python program - Python
- Get the file location of git config values - Git
- Remove Apps from Dock when Quit [Mac Ventura] - MacOS
- INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE Error Android Emulator - Android
- [fix] java: incompatible types: double cannot be converted to java.lang.Integer Generics - Java