One would need to clear the cache of a URL or website in serval situations:
- Make sure you see the latest version of a website: Browsers tend to cache various elements of a website such as images, scripts, and stylesheets to speed up page loading times. However, this can cause the browser to display an outdated version of a website. Clearing the cache ensures that the browser downloads the latest version of all files for the website.
- Resolve website errors: At times, cached data can cause website errors such as broken links or missing images. Clearing the cache can help resolve these issues by forcing the browser to re-download all website resources. If you are a software developer or a UI/UX tester, it could be that you are debugging a bug or a feature.
- Troubleshoot website issues: If a website is not displaying properly or is behaving strangely, clearing the cache can be a useful troubleshooting step. Cached data can sometimes interfere with website functionality, and clearing the cache can help diagnose the issue.
How to clear cache
- Open Safari web browser on your Mac
- Now in the menu go to Safari -> Settings (on macOS Ventura, or Preferences)
- Now move to Privacy tab and click on "Manage Website data..."
- Search for the website/URL that you want to clear the cache.
- Now select your result and click on Remove button
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
More Posts related to MacOS,
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- Java C# foreach loop equivalent in Python Programming - Python
- Remove AirDrop Icon from macOS Menu Bar - MacOS
- How to check if a variable is set in Bash Script or Not - Bash
- Vertical align two div's in Bootstrap [HTML CSS] - Bootstrap
- Amp Hello World Example - AMP
- What is exit(0), exit(1) ... exit(8) codes in Python Programming - Python
- Java 8: Convert Stream to Array - Java
- [Microsoft Teams 4c7] Modern authentication failed here, but you'll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7 error - Microsoft