Notepad++ is a very useful text editor for every programmer, sadly its not yet available on the Mac OSX,
If you are in a situation where you want to put some text at the start of each line in your text, or at the end of each line , or both , well you can achieve this in notepad++ using the Find and Replace option using Regular Expression.
Check out how you can do it,
Step 1: Open Your text in Notepad++
Step 2: To add Text at the Start of each line
Press Ctrl+F to open Find window, click on the Replace tab, check that you have selected Regular Expression option, now add ^ in the Find textbox and the text you want at the start of each line in the Replace textbox, and click Replace all.
Step 3: To add Text at the End of each line
Press Ctrl+F to open Find window, click on the Replace tab, check that you have selected Regular Expression option, now add $ in the Find textbox and the text you want at the End of each line in the Replace textbox, and click Replace all.
Step 4: Result: You should now be able to see the changes.
Important: Do not forget to enable "Regular Expression" radio box, if you do not do so, you would not get the results!
- How to add Date and Time to Windows Notepad File
- 25 Notepad++ Command Argument List
- Convert text to random case using Notepad++
- Enabling Notepad++ Dark Theme
- Using Document Map in Notepad++
- Launch Notepad++ html document in any web browser
- Show Notepad++ tabs in multiple lines instead of scroll on tab bar
- Word count in Notepad++
- Notepad++ display files on tab bar as horizontal instead of vertical
- Unable to edit file in Notepad++
- How to press shortcut CTRL + ALT + DEL on Windows Remote Desktop - HowTos
- How to Change or Set a new Password for your Wi-Fi Router - HowTos
- Sign in as different user missing in SharePoint 2013 - SharePoint
- Calculate Area of Parallelogram - C-Program
- Spotlight Search file path location on Mac OS X Mavericks or Yosemite - Mac-OS-X
- JSON with PHP Example: JSON Tutorial - Json-Tutorial
- List of Code Snippets/Templates to Eclipse IDE - Eclipse
- appcompat_v7 errors after updates to API level 21 Material Theme - Android
- Add Custom header and footer to Windows Notepad file - NotepadPlusPlus
- Android Studio 4.2 Canary 1 now available - Android-Studio
- Bypass domain name for IIS site (SharePoint) - SharePoint
- PHP Base64 encoding decoding a variable - PHP
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically - SharePoint
- How to place two div elements next to each other - CSS
- Change default language highlighting in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus