You receive the following error message while installing SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview.
The error does not disappear even after restarting the server.
Setup Errors Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error(s): A system restart from a previous installation or update is pending. Restart your computer and run setup to continue. For the list of pre-requisites needed to install the product please refer to: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=613440 Correct the issue(s) listed above and re-run setup. You can install all the required prerequisites for this product by selecting the 'Install software prerequisites' option in the splash screen. See Help for more information.
You may have finished installing all pre-requisites and it shows a successful message. After this, you move ahead with the setup and restart the machine when required, but still, receive same error. Some confusion.
If you see all messages carefully, it looks like the error is not related to the SharePoint setup and rather the pre-requisites. Re-run the pre-requisites installer and then restart your machine. Now continue with the installation and it should work fine.
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application
- Fix Error 2711 SQL RBS client - The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The specified Feature name ('Docs') not found in Feature table
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- Recommended size and resolution for SharePoint Online Site logo
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint classic site
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Fix Power BI error Access to the resource is forbidden when connecting SharePoint Online List as data source
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- That did'nt work, Issue type User not in directory - SharePoint external access error
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- ERROR x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration. Intel HAXM is not installed on this machine - Android
- The Android Virtual Device myEmulator is currently running an emulator and cannot be deleted. - Android
- 9 Border to DIV Element in HTML Examples - Html
- How to enable Do Not Disturb (DND) mode in Microsoft Teams - Teams
- Change Google Chrome Browsers default download location - Chrome
- Android Development - How to switch between two Activities - Android
- Turn off Focus Mode on Mac - HowTos
- How to know the Serial Number of MacBook on macOS Ventura 13.0 - MacOS