Are you new to Apple Mac computers (iMac, Mac Mini) or Laptops (Macbook Air or Pro) and have previous experience of using computers running Windows OS. You must be familiar with Command Prompt the Command Line Interface for Windows and wondering how to use it on a system running macOS?
Well, macOS is Unix based and has an app called Terminal which is equivalent to Command Prompt on Windows.
You can open the Terminal App by following the below steps:
Using Spotlight Search
Click Spotlight search icon next to your menu time - type Terminal, open the app.
Open Finder, Go to Application -> Utilities and look for Terminal
Using Keyboard Shortcut
Press Command + Space and type Terminal, open the app.
Check out some beginners commands for Terminal: https://code2care.org/macos/10-begineers-commands-for-macos-terminal-usage
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Open New Terminal Window Using Keyboard Shortcut macOS
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- WARNING: Python 2.7 is not recommended [macOS Big Sur]
- Terminal Command to get the list of available shells in macOS
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- Youtube spacebar not working in search on macOS Safari
- How to refresh Safari on Mac (macOS) using keyboard shortcut
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- Disable Startup Sound on macOS
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Test internet speed using macOS Terminal command
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- [macOS] Change homepage Macbook Safari Browser
- wget Command on macOS Terminal
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to increase macOS Terminal text font size (Big Sur)
- How to check zsh installed version using terminal
- This operation couldnt be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. [macOS]
- ls: .: Operation not permitted - Mac Big Sur Terminal Zsh Error
- How to install maven in macOS using Terminal Command
- How to open new tabs macOS Terminal
- How to uninstall GarageBand from Mac
- How to Restart Mac using Terminal Command
- Resolving DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Google Chrome Error - Google
- How to rerun last command in Zsh shell - HowTos
- [macOS] Change homepage Macbook Safari Browser - MacOS
- Android Studio SDK Build-tools 23 rc2 not getting installed - Android-Studio
- SharePoint - The URL is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web. - SharePoint