Are you new to Apple Mac computers (iMac, Mac Mini) or Laptops (Macbook Air or Pro) and have previous experience of using computers running Windows OS. You must be familiar with Command Prompt the Command Line Interface for Windows and wondering how to use it on a system running macOS?
Well, macOS is Unix based and has an app called Terminal which is equivalent to Command Prompt on Windows.
You can open the Terminal App by following the below steps:
Using Spotlight Search
Click Spotlight search icon next to your menu time - type Terminal, open the app.
Open Finder, Go to Application -> Utilities and look for Terminal
Using Keyboard Shortcut
Press Command + Space and type Terminal, open the app.
Check out some beginners commands for Terminal: https://code2care.org/macos/10-begineers-commands-for-macos-terminal-usage
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to load zsh profile on opening shell terminal
- Set Python 3.8 as a default python version on macOS
- Show CPU and Memory Usage on macOS Menu Bar
- How to save macOS Terminal outputs as text file
- How to install wget on macOS
- Display ls command file sizes in KB (kilobytes) MB (megabytes) or GB (gigabytes) [Linux/macOS]
- How to Change Mouse Wheel Scroll Direction on Mac
- macOS R installation steps
- How to open terminal on Mac to run commands
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- Safari - Get HTTP Request Response Headers
- Opening mac Terminal
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to check RAM details on Mac?
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- How to add to PATH in macOS Big Sur
- Keyboard Shortcut to delete a file on a Mac [Macbook]
- How to increase macOS Terminal text font size (Big Sur)
- Permanently set $PATH variable in Mac Zsh shell
- Delete a Directory using Mac Terminal Command
- Remove Now Playing icon from macOS Big Sur Menu Bar
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac
- Microsoft Edge browser error on MAC - This page is having a problem Try coming back to it later - Microsoft
- Java location in Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- How to record PowerPoint slide show presentation on Mac - narration, slide timings, ink gestures - Microsoft
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed - Android
- How to Update Chrome Browser on Mac? - Chrome