Basic steps performed, Power BI desktop --> Get Data --> Online Service --> SharePoint Online List --> Site URL --> Click OK.
If you receive error "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found", refer here to fix.
⚠️ Clicking on Retry results in the same error.
⚠️ Clear permissions does not help.
⚠️ Re entering the password does not help.
Unable to connect We encountered an error while trying to connect. Details: "Access to the resource is forbidden".
⛏️ How to fix Power BI access to resource forbidden error ?The error occurs due to wrong Credential Type used, Anonymous by default. You need to use Organizational Microsoft Account for SharePoint Online.
- Click 'Cancel' to exit the screen.
- From the Ribbon, click "Edit Queries" --> "Data source settings".
- Select your site and click Edit Permissions --> Edit.
- Select Microsoft account.
- Set Privacy level - Organizational.
- Sign in with your organizational Microsoft Office 365 account.
- Click Save.
- Click OK.
- Click Close.
- Resubmit the URL in the connection and you should see the SharePoint site lists in the Navigator.
Clear permissions and try with above steps, this helps when there is a cache issues or password change issue.
More Posts related to SharePoint,
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application
- Fix Error 2711 SQL RBS client - The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The specified Feature name ('Docs') not found in Feature table
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- Recommended size and resolution for SharePoint Online Site logo
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint classic site
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Fix Power BI error Access to the resource is forbidden when connecting SharePoint Online List as data source
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- That did'nt work, Issue type User not in directory - SharePoint external access error
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..