At times you must have observed that the desktop of Mac freezes especially when your system hangs due to heavy CPU or memory usage. If you are able to view files on macOS desktop then you may need to refresh your Desktop.
- Click on Apple Logo in the Menu Bar,
- Now click on Force Quit..
- Select Finder and click "Relaunch",
- You will get a pop-up: "Do you really want to force restart Finder? You will lose unsaved changes.
- Click on Relaunch.
- Your Desktop will get refreshed.
Have Questions? Post them here!
More Posts related to MacOS,
- How to load zsh profile on opening shell terminal
- Set Python 3.8 as a default python version on macOS
- Show CPU and Memory Usage on macOS Menu Bar
- How to save macOS Terminal outputs as text file
- How to install wget on macOS
- Display ls command file sizes in KB (kilobytes) MB (megabytes) or GB (gigabytes) [Linux/macOS]
- How to Change Mouse Wheel Scroll Direction on Mac
- macOS R installation steps
- How to open terminal on Mac to run commands
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- Safari - Get HTTP Request Response Headers
- Opening mac Terminal
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to check RAM details on Mac?
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- How to add to PATH in macOS Big Sur
- Keyboard Shortcut to delete a file on a Mac [Macbook]
- How to increase macOS Terminal text font size (Big Sur)
- Permanently set $PATH variable in Mac Zsh shell
- Delete a Directory using Mac Terminal Command
- Remove Now Playing icon from macOS Big Sur Menu Bar
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac
- Android Constant and Resource Type Mismatches Lint - Android
- Display Seconds in Digital Clock on Mac Menu Bar [macOS] - MacOS
- Bootstrap Nav Menu Dropdown on hover - Bootstrap
- Struts 2 : There is no Action mapped for namespace [/] and action name [form] associated with context path [/proj] - Java