If you have decided to remove your Instagram account and looking for help on how to get it deleted, well be sure about it if you delete your Insta account, you will lose all your reels, photos, and videos, and all your followers, likes and comments, i.e. everything associated with your account will be permanently gone.
Based on your intent, you can either delete your Instagram account temporarily (i.e. deactivate it) or permanently.
Steps: How to deactivate Instagram account Temporarily
Note this will not delete but deactivate your account temporarily, if you login back again to your Instagram user, your account will be active again, from where you left it, and all your reels, photos, images, commands, and like will be back.
You can deactivate your account from various devices, let us take a look at all of them,
Deactivate Instagram account from Android/iPhone/iPad App
- Open Instagram App,
- Now Tap on your Profile icon at the bottom of the app,
- Tab on the hamburger icon (3 lines at the top) and select Settings,
- Tab on Account,
- Scroll down the list and select Delete Account,
- You will see the screen "Deactivate your account instead of deleting?", select Deactivate Account
- You will be asked to fill in why you want to deactivate your account and select options from the dropdown,
- Private concerns - Created a second account - Can't find people to follow - Want to remove something - Too busy/too distracting - Just need a break - Too many ads - Trouble getting started - Something else
- Enter your password again and click "Temporarily Deactivate Account" button
- You will be logged out of Instagram and your account is now temporarily deactivated.
Step by steps screenshots to deactivate your Instagram account
Steps: Deactivate Instagram account from Computer: PC/Mac/Chromebook
- Open a web browser (Chrome, Edge, Safari) on your computer and visit instagram.com,
- Now click on your Profile Picture Icon and click on Edit Profile,
- Scroll down and next to submit button click on "Temporarily Deactivate Your Account",
- Fill in the details and re-enter your account password,
- Click on "Temporarily Deactivate Account" and click Yes to confirm.
Steps: How to permanently delete your Instagram Account
- From a Web Browser Visit: https://instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent/
- Click on your Profile Picture and click "Edit Profile"
- Select an option from the dropdown to say why you want to delete your account.
- Re-enter your account password,
- Click Delete YOUR-USER-NAME.
You will see a note saying your account will be deleted a month from the date you delete it. Make sure to take a backup of your account data or you can anything log in to undo the deletion of your Instagram account if you change your mind.
If you continue, your profile and account details will be deleted on DATE. You won't be visible on Instagram between now and then. If you change your mind, you can log back in before the deletion date and choose to keep your account.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to replace with space
- Create Duplicate Line Visual Studio Code (above or below) Example
- Health Status Page for OpenAI ChatGPT or GPT 4
- How to add password to pdf file for opening, editing, printing, copying
- Turn off Focus Mode on Mac
- How to enter Rockstar Activation Code?
- How to Whitelist IP Address on GoDaddy Hosting?
- [Error] zsh: command not found: mvn
- Accept Only 0-9 Numbers RegEx Example
- Add X days from today in Command Line
- Installing Visual Studio Code on Raspberry Pi
- How to get an embed code from Vimeo?
- [fix] Editor could not be opened unexpected error: File is a directory (VS Code)
- How to remove JetBrains Toolbox from Mac Startup
- Setting up RSS feeds notifications within Outlook
- Understanding grep command and its usage [Unix/Linux/macOS/Windows-Bash]
- SQL: Check if table exists
- How to Search Maven Central Repository
- The default username and password for RabbitMQ
- How to install Postman natively on a Mac
- How to remove password from pdf file
- Fix NVIDIA GeForce Experience ERROR CODE 0x0003
- [Fix] Steam Friends Network Unreachable Error
- How to install node on macOS Ventura/Sonoma
- CentOS Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo base7x86_64 yum
- Install Gradle VS Code for Java Projects - Gradle
- [Fix] Microsoft Windows Store error 0x00000005 (Windows 8/10/11) - Windows
- Change Current User Password using Mac Terminal Command - MacOS
- How to Share Microsoft SharePoint Site with Users or Groups - SharePoint
- Implementing Android Text to Speech Example - Android
- How to migrate Kaizala to Microsoft Teams - Teams
- TextEdit Clear Formatting when Pasting Text - MacOS
- List of 60 useful FTP Client Commands to access server - FTP