If you have decided to remove your Instagram account and looking for help on how to get it deleted, well be sure about it if you delete your Insta account, you will lose all your reels, photos, and videos, and all your followers, likes and comments, i.e. everything associated with your account will be permanently gone.
Based on your intent, you can either delete your Instagram account temporarily (i.e. deactivate it) or permanently.
Steps: How to deactivate Instagram account Temporarily
Note this will not delete but deactivate your account temporarily, if you login back again to your Instagram user, your account will be active again, from where you left it, and all your reels, photos, images, commands, and like will be back.
You can deactivate your account from various devices, let us take a look at all of them,
Deactivate Instagram account from Android/iPhone/iPad App
- Open Instagram App,
- Now Tap on your Profile icon at the bottom of the app,
- Tab on the hamburger icon (3 lines at the top) and select Settings,
- Tab on Account,
- Scroll down the list and select Delete Account,
- You will see the screen "Deactivate your account instead of deleting?", select Deactivate Account
- You will be asked to fill in why you want to deactivate your account and select options from the dropdown,
- Private concerns - Created a second account - Can't find people to follow - Want to remove something - Too busy/too distracting - Just need a break - Too many ads - Trouble getting started - Something else
- Enter your password again and click "Temporarily Deactivate Account" button
- You will be logged out of Instagram and your account is now temporarily deactivated.
Step by steps screenshots to deactivate your Instagram account
Steps: Deactivate Instagram account from Computer: PC/Mac/Chromebook
- Open a web browser (Chrome, Edge, Safari) on your computer and visit instagram.com,
- Now click on your Profile Picture Icon and click on Edit Profile,
- Scroll down and next to submit button click on "Temporarily Deactivate Your Account",
- Fill in the details and re-enter your account password,
- Click on "Temporarily Deactivate Account" and click Yes to confirm.
Steps: How to permanently delete your Instagram Account
- From a Web Browser Visit: https://instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent/
- Click on your Profile Picture and click "Edit Profile"
- Select an option from the dropdown to say why you want to delete your account.
- Re-enter your account password,
- Click Delete YOUR-USER-NAME.
You will see a note saying your account will be deleted a month from the date you delete it. Make sure to take a backup of your account data or you can anything log in to undo the deletion of your Instagram account if you change your mind.
If you continue, your profile and account details will be deleted on DATE. You won't be visible on Instagram between now and then. If you change your mind, you can log back in before the deletion date and choose to keep your account.
Official Instagram Help Pages:
1. Delete Your Account
2. Temporarily deactivate your Instagram account.
3. Can I delete my teen’s Instagram account?
4. Disabled Instagram Account
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Fix NVIDIA GeForce Experience ERROR CODE 0x0003
- How to convert byte array to String [Kotlin]
- Unzip a Zip file from Terminal Command
- How to write hello world different languages syntax
- [Error] zsh: command not found: mvn
- How to know the version of OpenSSL
- [Solution] IDEA IntelliJ System.out.println function shortcut (sysout alternative for eclipse IDE)
- The default username and password for RabbitMQ
- ChatGPT Outage: Hmm...something seems to have gone wrong. Maybe try me again in a little bit.
- How to check the version of NodeJS installed
- Gmail Unable to upload because it is a folder or a package (like an application bundle or RTFD document)
- How to remove password from pdf file
- BSNL Broadband upgrades speed to minimum 2MBps for all users 512Kbps 1Mbps
- MongoDB: Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:27017 reason: Connection refused
- Turn off Focus Mode on Mac
- Steps to Delete or Deactivate Instagram Account
- [IRCTC] Indian railways official eRail API 1.1 for developers to get train info
- CentOS Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo base7x86_64 yum
- Why I see Download pre-built shared indexes in IntelliJ
- Copy file from a remote server to current local directory system using SCP command
- [Fix] Minecraft Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
- How to install Zsh shell
- Merge multiple zip files without unzipping (extracting)
- How to find someone on Instagram
- How to get an embed code from Vimeo?
- Indent Python code in Notepad++ - Python
- How to find Sublime Text path of packages installed - Sublime-Text
- Call PHP function on Button click using jquery ajax - PHP
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly. - SharePoint
- Setting up Java JUnit Project with Eclipse + Maven Example - Java
- [fix] Loading class com.mysql.jdbc.Driver is deprecated - MySQL
- [Solution] Error: brew cask is no longer a brew command - MacOS
- Java Stream flatmap() Examples - Java