AssertionError is a built-in concrete exception in Python that is raised when an assert statement fails.
What are assert statements?
Assert statements are used to debug assertions into a program.Syntax:
assert_stmt ::= "assert" expression ["," expression]
age = 13 assert age > 18, "Age should be greater than 18"
% python3 example.py Traceback (most recent call last): File "/Users/c2ctechtv/Desktop/example.py", line 2, in <module> assert age > 18, "Age should be greater than 18" ^^^^^^^^ AssertionError: Age should be greater than 18
As you can see from the above example when the condition specified in the assert statement evaluates to False an AssertionError is raised.
Fix and Conclusion:
assert statements are mostly used during development and testing to catch issues and make sure that your code behaves as expected. It could be valid for an assertion to fail as per test cases so there could be nothing to fix as well.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Python: Convert Date to DateTime
- How to sort a List using Lambda in Python
- Python matplotlib segmentation fault: 11 macOS Big Sur
- What is Terminal Velocity and its Formula? How to calculate it programmatically?
- How to install Python 3.11 on Mac
- How to flatten a nested list in Python
- Python: Pandas Merge DataFrames on Index Example
- How to Run all Cells at Once Jupyter Notebook
- Python - Convert float to String
- How to add borders to tkinter label text
- How to Exit a Loop in Python Code
- [Python] Fix: ValueError: All arrays must be of the same length
- Sorting an array using Bubble Sort in Python Programming
- How to Unzip a file using Python
- Python: Merge DataFrames Pandas Outer Join Example
- Change label (text) color in tkinter
- Convert Float to String in Python
- Fix: fatal error: No such file or directory compilation terminated
- Python: Access index/counter of a for loop iteration
- Import Other Python Files Examples
- How to install Anaconda on Mac (M1/M2 Mac)
- Python Regular Expression to Find All Matches in List
- How to Read a binary File with Python
- How to disable warnings while Python file execution
- Know current Python Version
- Best Free Gif screen capture app now available for M1 Chip Mac - LICECap - MacOS
- How to Open Calculator using Mac Terminal - MacOS
- How to subscribe nest aware? - Google
- Steps to Integrate Latest Facebook SDK with your Android Application - Facebook
- say command macOS terminal examples - MacOS
- Java - Calculate time taken for the code to execute in milliseconds or nanoseconds - Java
- osascript: Docker Desktop wants to create symlinks [macOS] - Docker
- Facebook Graph API Unavailable - Facebook