At times you may want to change the version of Python to a specific version instead of the default of your system. In such case you can try making aliases.
First let's try to get the list of all Python versions installed on the device.
# ls -ltrh /usr/bin/python* -rwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel 21K Feb 10 2023 /usr/bin/python -rwxr-xr-x 5 root wheel 3.4M Feb 10 2023 /usr/bin/python2.7 -rwxr-xr-x 5 root wheel 3.4M Feb 10 2023 /usr/bin/python2.7-config lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 75B Feb 10 2023 /usr/bin/python2 -> ../../System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python2.7 -rwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 23K Feb 10 2023 /usr/bin/python3 lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 76B Feb 10 2023 /usr/bin/python3.7 -> ../../System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/bin/python3.7 -rwxr-xr-x 6 root wheel 3.5M Jun 3 2023 /usr/bin/python3.8 lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 76B Jun 3 2023 /usr/bin/python3.8-config -> ../../System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/bin/python3.8-config -rwxr-xr-x 6 root wheel 3.5M Jun 3 2023 /usr/bin/python3.8-config lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 79B Jun 3 2023 /usr/bin/python3.8-config -> ../../System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/bin/python3.8-config -rwxr-xr-x 6 root wheel 3.5M Jun 3 2023 /usr/bin/python3.8
Let's say I want Python 3.7 to be the default one and others can be aliased to python38 and python27
alias python='/usr/bin/python3.7' alias python38='/usr/bin/python3.8' alias python2='/usr/bin/python2.7'
based on your preferences, save this in .zshrc or .bash_profile and reload the shell.
# python --version Python 3.8
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to convert int to ASCII in Python
- How to make use of SQLite Module in Python?
- Split a String into Sub-string and Parse in Python
- Python: Pandas Rename Columns with List Example
- How to run Python file from Mac Terminal
- How to Exit a Loop in Python Code
- Python: How to Plot a Histogram using Matplotlib and data as list
- MD5 Hashing in Python
- Jupyter: Safari Cant Connect to the Server localhost:8888/tree
- Fix: AttributeError: str object has no attribute decode. Did you mean: encode?[Python]
- How to Read a binary File with Python
- How to add two float numbers in Python
- Python: How to install YAML Package
- Python: How to Save Image from URL
- What is Markdown in Jupyter Notebook with Examples
- How to change the Python Default version
- 33: Python Program to send an email vid GMail
- How to comment code in Python
- How to Fix AttributeError in Python
- Fix: error: Jupyter command `jupyter-nbconvert` not found [VSCode]
- How to comment out a block of code in Python
- List of All 35 Reserved Keywords in Python Programming Language 3.11
- Import Other Python Files Examples
- Python: How to add Progress Bar in Console with Examples
- 3 Ways to convert bytes to String in Python
- Understanding and Handling NullPointerException in Java: Tips and Tricks for Effective Debugging - Java
- How to Clear Gradle Cache on Mac - Gradle
- How to restore closed file in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Python raise error with message example - Python
- What is an Authorization Code Grant? OAuth 2.0 - HowTos
- What are the 8 Primitive Data Types in Java - Java
- Add Line Number before each line in Notepad++ using Column Editor - NotepadPlusPlus
- Find installed Gradle version command - Gradle