If you have created multiple users on your Mac computer or laptop, you would see your logged in user name on your macOS Menu Bar just before the Spotlight Search. When you will click your username - it will display all the user account icons and you can easily switch between them. This is called as Fast User Switching.
If you do not want the Fast user Switching you can remove it from the menu bar by doing the below steps,
- Click on Apple icon on the Menu Bar,
- Click on System Preferences...,
- Now click on Dock & Menu Bar,
- Scroll the left Menu and look for Fast User Switching,
- Untick the option "Show in Menu Bar"
✌️This article is based on macOS Big Sur
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to load zsh profile on opening shell terminal
- Set Python 3.8 as a default python version on macOS
- Show CPU and Memory Usage on macOS Menu Bar
- How to save macOS Terminal outputs as text file
- How to install wget on macOS
- Display ls command file sizes in KB (kilobytes) MB (megabytes) or GB (gigabytes) [Linux/macOS]
- How to Change Mouse Wheel Scroll Direction on Mac
- macOS R installation steps
- How to open terminal on Mac to run commands
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- Safari - Get HTTP Request Response Headers
- Opening mac Terminal
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to check RAM details on Mac?
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- How to add to PATH in macOS Big Sur
- Keyboard Shortcut to delete a file on a Mac [Macbook]
- How to increase macOS Terminal text font size (Big Sur)
- Permanently set $PATH variable in Mac Zsh shell
- Delete a Directory using Mac Terminal Command
- Remove Now Playing icon from macOS Big Sur Menu Bar
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac
- reCAPTCHA Implementation Tutorial - CSS
- AADSTS90033: A transient error has occurred. Please try again. [Microsoft 365] - Microsoft
- Increase Android Emulator Timeout time - Android
- How to remove Floating Action Button Android Studio Blank Activity Template - Android-Studio
- Top 3 Awesome Text Editors developers prefer at workplace - Sublime