When working with SharePoint, you may come across an error "cannot connect to the configuration database" while browsing your site.
This error may occur for a specific site, multiple sites or even sometimes for all the SharePoint sites including Central Admin.
The error message gives you few important keywords - CONNECTION, CONFIGURATION and DATABASE . So it seems, there is either something wrong with the SQL Database connection or the IIS Configuration.
Here are some possible causes and will help in resolving the issue -
- Check the IIS Site - is it stopped?
- Check the Application Pool - it is stopped?
- Check the Application Pool Identity account - is it correct and password has not expired?
- Check the Application Pool Identity account - is it missing permissions on SQL databases?
- Check the SQL Instance - is any configuration changed recently?
- Check the SQL Instance - the server is up and required SQL services are not stopped?
- Check the SQL Database - the database is not down or offline?
- Check the Firewall settings (less likely) - nothing is blocked?
More Posts related to SharePoint,
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- How to share SharePoint site or document with all users in organization
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- error CAML Query containing special characters
- Access URL for SharePoint Tenant Admin Center (Online Office 365)
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started
- SharePoint - The URL is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web.
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.Net
- How to Share Microsoft SharePoint Site with Users or Groups
- JSON column formatting to preview SharePoint Online file on mouse hover
- SharePoint List redirect user after submitting form NewForm.aspx
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint)
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help. (OSE403)
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- How to wrap column text in SharePoint Online Modern List Grid View using JSON formatting
- How to extend retiring SharePoint 2010 Workflows and continue with Office 365
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint
- How to hide or remove quick launch left navigation from SharePoint Online Modern site page
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- Fetch More then 10 Links Per Page in Google Search Result - Google
- [Fix] MySQL No database selected - ERROR 1046 (3D000) - MySQL
- Sublime Add text at start and end of each line - Sublime
- Rounded Images in Bootstrap framework - Bootstrap
- How to take user input from the console in a Python program - Python
- How to Configure Eclipse keymap in IntelliJ IDE - Android-Studio
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL - SharePoint
- Fix 0x80070194 Error When Opening Microsoft OneDrive File - Microsoft