Before we look into what AttributeError, we try and understand what an Attribute reference is in Python.
What is an Attribute Reference in Python
In Python an attribute reference is a primary followed by a period and a identifier.
attributeref ::= primary "." identifier
The primary is usually of type object.
Using this object an attribute is produced with the help of an identifier.
If the identifier results in no attribute then an exception AttributeError is raised.
Let's take a look at it with a very simple example.
name = "Sam" name.something
Traceback (most recent call last): File "/Users/c2ctechtv/Desktop/example.py", line 2, in <module> name.something AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'something'
As you can see, we created an object of type Str and then on the next line, make use of an identifier that does not exist, thus this resulted in AttributeError.
So the fix is to make sure that the object does support attribute references.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Python: Convert Date to DateTime
- How to sort a List using Lambda in Python
- Python matplotlib segmentation fault: 11 macOS Big Sur
- What is Terminal Velocity and its Formula? How to calculate it programmatically?
- How to install Python 3.11 on Mac
- How to flatten a nested list in Python
- Python: Pandas Merge DataFrames on Index Example
- How to Run all Cells at Once Jupyter Notebook
- Python - Convert float to String
- How to add borders to tkinter label text
- How to Exit a Loop in Python Code
- [Python] Fix: ValueError: All arrays must be of the same length
- Sorting an array using Bubble Sort in Python Programming
- How to Unzip a file using Python
- Python: Merge DataFrames Pandas Outer Join Example
- Change label (text) color in tkinter
- Convert Float to String in Python
- Fix: fatal error: No such file or directory compilation terminated
- Python: Access index/counter of a for loop iteration
- Import Other Python Files Examples
- How to install Anaconda on Mac (M1/M2 Mac)
- Python Regular Expression to Find All Matches in List
- How to Read a binary File with Python
- How to disable warnings while Python file execution
- Know current Python Version
- Where to find Azure Virtual Machine (VM) Pricing Details in Azure Portal - Azure
- SharePoint Managed Metadata Hidden Taxonomy List - TaxonomyHiddenList - SharePoint
- [Solution] Java Error Code 1603. Java Update did not complete. - Java
- Android Emulator cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. [M1 Mac] - Android
- JSON Schema and Hyper-Schema : JSON Tutorial - Json-Tutorial
- Are Windows Notepad files recoverable? - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to Create AWS SNS Topic using AWS CLI - AWS
- How to turn off VoiceOver on Macbook using Keyboard Shortcut - MacOS