If you have files in your docker container that you want to get into your host/local device, you can achieve it using the docker cp command.Example:
Inside the docker container I have a file 20220901.log under the root directory, I want to get it to my host system,.
# pwd /root # ls 20220901.log
Copy file from Docker Container
% docker ps -a CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES 1d2b384f31de alpine "/bin/sh" 6 minutes ago Exited (0) 6 minutes ago intelligent_noether % docker cp 1d2b384f31de:/root/20220901.log
Note: You might get operation not permitted if you try to copy the file to the host directory where you do not have permission to write.
Also, if a path or file does not exist on the docker container you will get an error: No such container:path: or if the host path is invalid: invalid output path: directory does not exist
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to docker remove a container when it exits
- Install Python on Alpine Linux - Docker
- How to Rename Docker Image with none TAG and REPOSITORY?
- Remove all stopped containers in Docker using prune command
- [Fix] Docker Error response from daemon: manifest for :latest not found: manifest unknown
- [fix] Error response from daemon: conflict unable to remove repository reference ubuntu container is using its referenced image
- [Docker] Install Python3 on Alpine Linux
- Unable to find image docker latest locally
- How to Stop/Cancel/kill docker image pull
- How to know the Docker Engine Version
- [fix] Docker: OCI runtime exec failed unable to start container process
- [Solution] Alpine Docker apt-get: not found
- Install and Run Cassandra on Docker Desktop
- Install node on Alpine Linux Docker
- How to Copy files from Docker Container to Host System
- Install the minimal Linux on Docker (only 5 mb Alpine Linux)
- How to stop and start a docker container
- Docker - Error response from daemon: You cannot remove a running container
- Open Docker Desktop from macOS Terminal
- How to check installed docker version command
- How to know the Docker Sandbox ID of a Container Network?
- [fix] docker: Error response from daemon: dial unix docker.raw.sock: connect: no such file or directory.
- [Docker] Install Git on Alpine Linux
- Docker MySQL Compose File with Volume Example
- [fix] Docker: Alpine Linux - /bin/sh: bash: not found
- apt-get list --installed packages in Ubuntu Linux - Ubuntu
- How to get unique values from a list in Python - Python
- SQL: Check if table exists - HowTos
- What is $$ in Bash Shell Script- Special Variable - Bash
- Open New tab using keyboard shortcut in Mac Terminal - Mac-OS-X
- W3 HTML validator warning Unable to Determine Parse Mode - Html
- Show Hidden Files in Mac Terminal - MacOS
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views - Android