Windows couldn't complete the requested changes. The changes couldn't be completed. Please reboot your computer and try again. Error Code: 0x800f0922
Reason for Error Code: 0x800f0922
- There is no sufficient disk space available to install the updates.
- There could be some conflicts with 3rd party applications.
- There could be some network-related issues.
The error code "0x800f0922" is a very common error that usually occurs during updates installation for Windows 10 or 11, the reason for this error can be one of the below,
If we take a look at the Windows Update common errors and mitigation page, we have this information.
|0x800f0922: CBS_E_INSTALLERS_FAILED||The July cumulative update failed to be installed on Windows Server 2016||In the CBS.log, you may find that updates sometimes roll back when License and Product key tokens fail to be updated. This issue can be resolved by adding write permissions for the "User" and "Network Service" accounts to the C:\Windows\System32\spp\ folder.|
How to fix the issue
- Make sure that you have enough disk space to install the updates. If not try to make some space and try again.
- Make sure that you have a stable network connection. Try with another Wifi connection to see if it helps.
- Also make sure that your Antivirus or firewall is not interfering with the software update installation. Try to turn off the firewall and check.
- You can try downloading the Windows Update Catalog (KB) manually from Windows Website: https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx
- Make sure that you have the latest version of NET Framework installed.
- Make sure that you have not connected external devices such as a pen drive or an external hard disk.
- Make sure that the License and Product key tokens are updated. You can address this by granting write permissions to the "User" and "Network Service" accounts for the C:\Windows\System32\spp\ folder.
Below is the answer I got from Microsoft Virtual Agent:
Try to identify the command that failed:
- On the affected computer, go to the %Windir%\logs\CBS folder (%Windir% represents the Windows directory on the computer’s system drive).
- Use a text editor to open the most recent CBS.log file, and search for a “, error” string.
- When you find this string, note the timestamp of that log entry and examine the log entries that precede that time. One of those entries should identify the command that failed
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to use SSH in Windows Terminal
- Mac: Sign in Required We cant upload or download your changes because your cached credentials have expired [Word Excel]
- [Fix] Microsoft Windows Store error 0x00000005 (Windows 8/10/11)
- How to Create Awesome Quizzes using Windows 365 Forms
- Cannot access Windows application shortcuts on Start menu and Taskbar
- How to lock cells in Microsoft Excel for Mac
- How to locate Python Installation on Windows (10/11)
- [Solution] The connection to the remote PC was lost, preparing to reconnect - Windows RDP
- Fix: Error code: 0x204 Microsoft Remote Desktop - Unable to connect the remote PC.
- How to Repeat Last Action F4 on Excel on Mac Like Windows
- Grep Alternative for Windows CMD or PowerShell: findstr
- Read file from Windows CMD (Command Line)
- Office.com downloading zero byte file name prelanding on Safari browser
- How to Press a Enter in Cell for New Line on Microsoft Excel on Mac
- Cmd command get current directory location
- How to update Microsoft Excel on Mac
- [Fix] Microsoft Windows OneDrive 0x8007018b Error Code
- How to Insert Checkbox in Excel on Mac
- How to turn off Dark Mode in Excel App for Mac
- Minecraft Fix: Error: UNKNOWN code: Deep Ocean - Something went wrong in the login process
- Fix Windows Update Error Code: 0x80070643
- Windows 365: Restore Deleted Distribution Group using Admin Center (Active Directory)
- How to add Solver Add-in in Microsoft Excel on Mac
- sudo is not recognized as an internal or external command
- How to Freeze Top Row in Excel for Mac
- How to Uninstall Android Studio on Mac - Android-Studio
- [Fix] Springboot: Web application could not be started as there was no ServletWebServerFactory bean defined in the context. - Java
- Sign in as different user missing in SharePoint 2013 how to enable - SharePoint
- Java JDBC Batch Update Example with PreparedStatement - Java
- Calculate Volume of Pyramid - C-Program
- Change Google Chrome Browsers default download location - Chrome
- [Solution] IDEA IntelliJ System.out.println function shortcut (sysout alternative for eclipse IDE) - HowTos
- Closest Alternate to Notepad on Mac - MacOS