If you are new to Mac or VS Code, it is possible that you may not be able to locate VS Code after installation, or you are looking for different ways to open the app. We will take a look at most of the ways you can do that.
Option 1: Using Spotlight Search
Just press Command ⌘ + Spacebar or F4 if you are on Macbook or using the Apple Keyboard, and you should see the Spotlight Search appear.
Now just start typing - "Visual Studio Code", if it is installed, you should see it as the first result as shown below.
Option 2: Using Finder Application
VS Code will be installed under the Applications directory, so you can locate it using Finder.
Option 3: Using Terminal Application
If you use Terminal a lot, the easier way to open VS Code via Terminal is by adding the path of VS Code to the .zshrc file.
How to add Visual Studio Code path to Mac .zshrc file if you get an error:
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- How to uninstall Microsoft Edge from Mac (macOS) - MacOS
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search - SharePoint
- Android AlertDialog with 3 buttons example - Android
- How to represent an Enum in Python Programming - Python
- Fix PowerShell - .ps1 cannot be loaded because running scripts is disabled on this system - Powershell
- [Solved] Bootstrap tooltip not working - Bootstrap
- 🎃 Halloween Hashtag 2022 on Social Media 🎃 - Hashtags
- Microsoft 365 Excel - PRO TIP Discover insights quickly with Power BI, which is already included in your Microsoft services, See it in action - Microsoft