If you are new to Mac or VS Code, it is possible that you may not be able to locate VS Code after installation, or you are looking for different ways to open the app. We will take a look at most of the ways you can do that.
Option 1: Using Spotlight Search
Just press Command ⌘ + Spacebar or F4 if you are on Macbook or using the Apple Keyboard, and you should see the Spotlight Search appear.
Now just start typing - "Visual Studio Code", if it is installed, you should see it as the first result as shown below.
Option 2: Using Finder Application
VS Code will be installed under the Applications directory, so you can locate it using Finder.
Option 3: Using Terminal Application
If you use Terminal a lot, the easier way to open VS Code via Terminal is by adding the path of VS Code to the .zshrc file.
How to add Visual Studio Code path to Mac .zshrc file if you get an error:
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- How to know the Serial Number of MacBook on macOS Ventura 13.0
- macOS: Remove Desktop or Documents Folder from iCloud Drive Syncing
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to install Zoom Add-in to Outlook (Mac)
- How to turn off Stage Manager - macOS Ventura
- Fix - Xode - Internal logic error: Connection was invalidated
- How to do calculations in Mac Terminal
- How to delete a Page in Microsoft Word File on Mac (macOS)
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to Disable Mac Terminal Bell Sound
- Installing MongoDB on Linux/Unix/macOS/Ubuntu
- How to Uninstall Brew on Mac
- Find your macOS version
- Change TextEdit File Encoding
- AppleScript Example with TextEdit
- How to install homebrew (brew) on M1 Mac
- How to Find File and Directory Size in Mac Terminal
- How to open new tab in Sublime Text Editor [macOS]
- How to list all users in Mac Terminal
- Turn off Auto-Capitalization on macOS Ventura 13
- How to check Command Line Tools Version [Updated for Ventura]
- Change Current User Password using Mac Terminal Command
- Integrating Android Facebook SDK 3.17.2 Tutorial - Android
- How to highlight the current line in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Mac OS X Stuck During Booting Gray Screen Logo and Spinner - Mac-OS-X
- How to Kill Terminal Process in Mac - MacOS
- How to Compare Two Dates in Java? - Java
- Cannot open or preview pdf with view only and restricted download access in Microsoft Teams - Teams
- Cannot load PowerApps form in SharePoint Online due to repeated authentication - SharePoint