Scenario - You share a Microsoft Stream video (could also be a meeting recording from Microsoft Teams) via direct link, SharePoint, Teams Channel, OneNote, Yammer. But the user receives message "Microsoft Stream - The authenticated user is not authorized to access this resource." even though they can access the SharePoint site or Teams Channel successfully.
The error indicates that the user is authenticated but not authorized to access the resource. This means,
The user has a valid Office/Microsoft 365 account and has necessary license to access Microsoft Stream, but does not have required permissions to access the Stream video/channel.
⛏️ How to troubleshoot and fixThe problem is with MS Stream video permissions. The video may be embedded into SharePoint Online page, Teams Channel, Yammer, OneNote. Do not get confused, the problem is with access to the video and not where it is embedded.
- Verify the user have required MS Stream license.
- The video may be private, make sure the user is given access. Request the video owner or Admin to help you.
- If not confidential, make the video open to everyone by checking 'Allow everyone in your company to view this video' from the update video details section.
- Sometimes the video is part of private channel, grant permissions to the channel itself, or to individual video.
- Ensure the user is using correct O365 organizational account to access.
⚡️ UpdateYou can now use OneDrive for Business and SharePoint for storing meeting recordings. Work with your Microsoft 365 Tenant Admin to configure this. By Q1 2021, all Teams meeting recordings will be stored to SharePoint/OneDrive. This will make it possible to share recordings with external participants.
Read more here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/tmr-meeting-recording-change
Hasgtags: #Microsoft #Stream #Teams #OneNote #OneDrive #MicrosoftTeams #Yammer #SharePoint #Error
- I am looking for help on this error, any suggestions? - TF400813: The user '' is not authorized to access this resource.
anon 04 Dec 2020 16:25:33 GMT
- Please contact your Module Convenor. They can ensure that you have permission to view the video, and can contact DTS in case of any issues.
anon 13 Nov 2020 21:12:09 GMT
- One of my organizational VIP user is facing this for just 1 video which from a company wide channel, all other videos work fine. I asked him to clear cookies and re-authenticate, but nothing helps. He has a valid MS Stream license. Microsoft support is troubleshooting but cannot get much time as user is very busy person. I have downloaded and shared the direct video for now.
anon 03 Nov 2020 12:34:22 GMT
- the solution is did not work.
anon 27 Oct 2020 11:34:20 GMT
- I checked 'Allow everyone in your company to view this video' from permissions for the video, but few users still face this error. Any suggestions?
anon 22 Oct 2020 08:11:51 GMT
- How can I download Teams meeting recording from Microsoft Stream? I was part of the meeting, can view the video recording, but cannot download.
anon 20 Oct 2020 22:58:25 GMT
- Yes, you can now start saving the meeting recordings to SharePoint or OneDrive. Talk to your tenant admin.
anonymous 03 Oct 2020 13:10:59 GMT
- Wait until next year Q1 2020, Microsoft will allow storing Teams meeting recordings in SharePoint and OneDrive. This will allow access to external users and guests, may be even public access possibility in future like Youtube.
anon 22 Sep 2020 14:23:09 GMT
- Issue auto resolved in my case after sometime
anon 19 Sep 2020 11:44:12 GMT
- None of my Teams meeting attendees can access the video, all face this error.
anon 13 Sep 2020 09:58:25 GMT
- Ah, Get it now! My vendor kep bugging Me she cannot access the meeting recording. Now I understand the external user will never be able to access with their own organizational M365 account
anon 27 Aug 2020 22:13:09 GMT
- You need a Microsoft Stream license for accessing the recording. Usually that is part of Office 365 plan subscription, but still ask the Tenant Admin to allocate license.
anon 12 Aug 2020 22:16:12 GMT
- Further comments disabled!
More Posts related to Microsoft,
- Microsoft Office Excel - Couldnt Open the Workbook - The workbook cannot be opened.
- [Fix] Microsoft AADSTS900561: The endpoint only accepts POST requests. Received a GET request.
- Remove Possible Data Loss Message from Microsoft Excel
- [Fix] Cannot connect to Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18456
- Microsoft Stream - This may not be for you, It looks like you don't have permission to watch this video
- How to fix Microsoft Windows 10 update error 80070020
- Outlook - The mailbox isn't available. This may have occurred because the license for the mailbox has expired.
- [Fix] Connect to Minecraft Remote Connect URL via https //aka.ms/remoteconnect
- AADSTS90033: A transient error has occurred. Please try again. [Microsoft 365]
- Fix Power Automate FLOW error - InvalidTemplate Unable to process template language expressions in action
- FCM Messages! Testing Notifcation from Microsoft to investigate this problem [Microsoft Teams]
- Remove mailto link from Microsoft 365 Word Document Email Text
- How to turn off Dark theme in Excel for Mac
- Microsoft Sign-in Error Code: 50058 (Request Id, Correlation Id and Timestamp)
- Fix 0x80070194 Error When Opening Microsoft OneDrive File
- [fix] Microsoft Error Code 0x80004005 - Unspecified error
- Fix - Microsoft Windows Error Code: 0xA00F4244 NoCamerasAreAttached
- Save a Notepad file as Microsoft Excel file
- MO229507 UK Europe users cannot access Microsoft 365 - SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, Admin center, Planner, Yammer
- How to know file encoding in Microsoft Windows Notepad?
- How to save a file as csv in Windows Notepad?
- Microsoft Office Mac Ventura: System Settings must be changed before Microsoft AutoUpdate can run
- Fix Error CAA50021 - Number of retry attempts exceeds expectation - Microsoft 365 Apps
- Microsoft 365 Excel - PRO TIP Discover insights quickly with Power BI, which is already included in your Microsoft services, See it in action
- [Microsoft Teams 4c7] Modern authentication failed here, but you'll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7 error
- SharePoint PowerShell PnP - How to get list item by Item ID using GetItemById, Get-PnPListItem - SharePoint
- Convert JSON to Gson with type as ArrayList - Java
- How to show console in Eclipse IDE - Eclipse
- How to install Packages in Sublime Text Editor - Sublime-Text
- What version of windows do I have? - Microsoft
- Deep Dive: Why avoid java.util.Date and Calendar Classes - Java
- How to Remove All Terminated Console tabs at once in Eclipse - Eclipse
- Change Max and Min Value of Android Seekbar Programmatically - Android