Scenario - You share a Microsoft Stream video (could also be a meeting recording from Microsoft Teams) via direct link, SharePoint, Teams Channel, OneNote, Yammer. But the user receives message "Microsoft Stream - The authenticated user is not authorized to access this resource." even though they can access the SharePoint site or Teams Channel successfully.
The error indicates that the user is authenticated but not authorized to access the resource. This means,
The user has a valid Office/Microsoft 365 account and has necessary license to access Microsoft Stream, but does not have required permissions to access the Stream video/channel.
⛏️ How to troubleshoot and fixThe problem is with MS Stream video permissions. The video may be embedded into SharePoint Online page, Teams Channel, Yammer, OneNote. Do not get confused, the problem is with access to the video and not where it is embedded.
- Verify the user have required MS Stream license.
- The video may be private, make sure the user is given access. Request the video owner or Admin to help you.
- If not confidential, make the video open to everyone by checking 'Allow everyone in your company to view this video' from the update video details section.
- Sometimes the video is part of private channel, grant permissions to the channel itself, or to individual video.
- Ensure the user is using correct O365 organizational account to access.
⚡️ UpdateYou can now use OneDrive for Business and SharePoint for storing meeting recordings. Work with your Microsoft 365 Tenant Admin to configure this. By Q1 2021, all Teams meeting recordings will be stored to SharePoint/OneDrive. This will make it possible to share recordings with external participants.
Read more here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/tmr-meeting-recording-change
Hasgtags: #Microsoft #Stream #Teams #OneNote #OneDrive #MicrosoftTeams #Yammer #SharePoint #Error
- Power BI error Something went wrong, unable to read the application metadata
- How to record PowerPoint slide show presentation on Mac - narration, slide timings, ink gestures
- Outlook - The mailbox isn't available. This may have occurred because the license for the mailbox has expired.
- Error 50057 - User account is disabled. The account has been disabled by an administrator [Microsoft - Teams - Azure]
- Customize Praise badge for Microsoft Teams with own images, values, brand
- Outlook and Hotmail not working - email issue, message not delivered, send receive problem
- Microsoft Edge browser error on MAC - This page is having a problem Try coming back to it later
- M365 service Europe outage - AADSTS90033 A transient error has occurred. Please try again.
- Microsoft Office Excel - Couldnt Open the Workbook - The workbook cannot be opened.
- Microsoft 365 Excel - PRO TIP Discover insights quickly with Power BI, which is already included in your Microsoft services, See it in action
- osascript wants to make changes while Android Studio Installation on Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- How to check RAM details on Mac? - MacOS
- Convert Java Array to ArrayList Code Example - Java
- Fix SharePoint PowerShell error - The term Get-SPweb is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet function script file or operable program - SharePoint
- say command macOS terminal examples - MacOS