ProblemYou receive error while creating custom List using Excel spreadsheet using SharePoint Online Modern interface.
Error occurs when you upload a file from device or choose file already on site, on the screen which says 'Check the column types below and choose a new type if the current selection is incorrect'.
Title is a required filed and can't be empty.
AnalysisLists have Title column as mandatory. The Title is clickable link which takes you to the list item details by opening the display form. Though you are allowed to select any column type, try keeping it as single line of text.
This error occurs when the excel column/header which is selected as Title contains empty entry.
Solution/FixMake sure your excel data is correct and in the format that SharePoint expects -
- Does not contain blank rows.
- More importantly, the column which you select as Title should not have blank cells/entries.
- Title is always mandatory, so you cannot have blank values here.
- Fix all blank entries in excel (for Title column) and re upload.
More Posts related to SharePoint,
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint)
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- Update SharePoint Online List Item using REST API, HTML, Spfx, Postman
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- Create SharePoint list from Excel spreadsheet and import table
- Send Email using SharePoint PowerShell command, SMTP server
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- The service instance
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly.
- How to change order of fields on new item form for SharePoint Online list
- Update Created By (Author) column of SharePoint document using PowerShell
- How to delete SharePoint Online List Item using REST API
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- Create SharePoint Site Collection using PowerShell New-SPSite
- How to customize SharePoint Modern list form using JSON formatting
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.net
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- How to clear Mac Terminal screen - MacOS
- How to install homebrew (brew) on M1 Mac - MacOS
- Emulator: Warning: restoring GLES1 context from snapshot. App may need reloading. - Android-Studio
- Display Seconds in Digital Clock on Mac Menu Bar [macOS] - MacOS
- How to Open Finder using Mac Terminal - MacOS
- [Java] NoClassDefFoundError Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory - Java
- Closest Alternate to Notepad on Mac - MacOS