REST API has been one of the most popular choice for developers. Major advantage is that REST is faster, universally accepted standard, platform independent.
With SharePoint, you can quickly test the REST call in your browser (try url from address bar) to check the returned response before actually using it.
REST API to get all items from SharePoint List/Document LibraryUse GetByTitle('[List Name]')
This gets all list items from selected list
[Tenant] = name of your tenant
[SiteName] = Name of Site Collection / Sub site
[ListName] = Name of your SharePoint list
Get only selected columnAppend ?$select=[Column Name]
This gets Title field value of all list items from selected list
Get multiple columnsAppend ?$select=[Column Name 1,Column Name 2]
This gets Title and Date field value of all list items from selected list
You can further filter, order and sort columns in the REST query.
The REST call will work with any language - .Net, JAVA, PHP, HTML, etc.
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint)
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- Update SharePoint Online List Item using REST API, HTML, Spfx, Postman
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- Create SharePoint list from Excel spreadsheet and import table
- Send Email using SharePoint PowerShell command, SMTP server
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- The service instance
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly.
- How to change order of fields on new item form for SharePoint Online list
- Update Created By (Author) column of SharePoint document using PowerShell
- How to delete SharePoint Online List Item using REST API
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- Create SharePoint Site Collection using PowerShell New-SPSite
- How to customize SharePoint Modern list form using JSON formatting
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.net
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- Install Docker for Mac using Home-brew Cask - Docker
- IntelliJ: Error: Could not find or load main class, java.lang.ClassNotFoundException - Java
- [Solution] SFTP Connection closed File 22 not found - FTP
- Reading .xls and .xlsx Excel file using Apache POI Java Library - Java
- How to write JSON file in Python Program - Python
- Syntax error, parameterized types are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater [Java] - Eclipse
- How to know if you have blocked your friend Number on Android Phone - Android