REST API has been one of the most popular choice for developers. Major advantage is that REST is faster, universally accepted standard, platform independent.
With SharePoint, you can quickly test the REST call in your browser (try url from address bar) to check the returned response before actually using it.
REST API to get all items from SharePoint List/Document LibraryUse GetByTitle('[List Name]')
This gets all list items from selected list
[Tenant] = name of your tenant
[SiteName] = Name of Site Collection / Sub site
[ListName] = Name of your SharePoint list
Get only selected columnAppend ?$select=[Column Name]
This gets Title field value of all list items from selected list
Get multiple columnsAppend ?$select=[Column Name 1,Column Name 2]
This gets Title and Date field value of all list items from selected list
You can further filter, order and sort columns in the REST query.
The REST call will work with any language - .Net, JAVA, PHP, HTML, etc.
- error CAML Query containing special characters
- [Solved] SharePoint Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion
- Trigger Flow on selected Listitem from SharePoint view - create button with JSON column formatting
- SharePoint Excel error - The workbook cannot be opened because it contains the following features that are not supported by Excel in the browser
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- How to show or hide columns in SharePoint Online List Library from
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- Special character & not working with SharePoint REST API
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- SharePoint installation error - Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error This product requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5
- How to add animated Gif to SharePoint Online Page
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- SharePoint - Use Today's Date Time in list view filter and calculated column
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- Configure AWS Access ID and Secret Keys using CLI on Mac - AWS
- [Solutions] Android Error in an XML file: aborting build. Eclipse SDK - Android
- How to connect to Microsoft Exchange Online using PowerShell - Powershell
- How to use Autocomplete and Autosuggestion in Shell Commands - Bash
- 16: Find the largest element in a List - 1000+ Python Programs - Python-Programs
- How to reset Eclipse IDE Code Font - Eclipse
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.net - SharePoint
- Docker MySQL Compose File with Volume Example - Docker