Since Adobe will no longer be supporting Flash Player after 31 December 2020 and Adobe will block Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning 12 January 2021, Adobe strongly recommends all users immediately uninstall Flash Player to help protect their systems.
⚠️ Flash Player will no longer be supported after December 2020
You must have seen this alert on your Google Chrome browser lately, this is because Adobe will end support for Flash on December 31, 2020
Why is Flash going away?
This is not recent news, back in 2017, Adobe announced that they will officially end the support for Adobe Flash Player on December 31, 2020, and had encouraged the use of open HTML5 standards in place of Flash.
Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, and Mozilla all announced that they will end Flash support by 2020.
Adobe Flash (earlier known as Macromedia Flash) was a browser plug-in that was created around 20 years ago to make Internet content richer - if you have used the Internet in the late 90s and early 20s you must have surely played games made in flash on browsers and even movie websites that were made completely on flash (nostalgia!).HTML5 is a rich alternative, which is capable of building richer applications without the use of Flash, such as games and interactive applications, and is platform-independent. So over time, flash has become obsolete.
If you are an iOS/iPhone user you must be knowing that Adobe Flash is not supported by iOS web browsers, back in 2010 Steve Jobs criticized Flash Player for security issues identified by Symantec in 2009, and he encourage the use of HTML5
Steve Jobs view on Flash: https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/apples-steve-jobs-posts-public-letter-adobe-flash/story?id=10508997
✔️ HTML5 has replaced Adobe Flash over the years!
In September 2019, Microsoft announced that they will stop support for Flash by 31 December 2020 and will be entirely removed from all browsers via Windows Update.Link: Saying goodbye to Flash in Chrome
How to block Flash on Google Chrome
- Go to Settings -> Privacy and security -> Site Settings
- Under Additional permissions click on Flash
- Under: Your Flash settings will be kept until you quit Chrome. toggle Block sites from running Flash (recommended)
- You are done!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Flash Player will no longer be supported after December 2020. Turn off [Google Chrome]
- Chrome move to next or previous tab using keyboard
- How to see HTTP Request Response Headers in Google Chrome Browser
- How to change Chrome Spell Check from UK English to US English
- Mac - Open New Tab in Chrome Shortcut
- How to export bookmarks from Google Chrome Browser
- Google Chrome Update failed (error: 12)
- Installing Native Chrome Browser App on M1 Mac Device
- How to download Google Chrome Enterprise MSI Installer File
- Unable to connect to the Internet : Google Chrome
- How to fix: You will need Google Chrome to install most apps, extensions and themes.
- Change Google Chrome Browsers default download location
- New Mac? How to install Native Chrome on M1/M2 Mac
- Show Chrome Developer Console Keyboard Shortcut on macOS
- Reopen previously closed tab in Google Chrome
- How to install Google Chrome on macOS using Terminal Command
- How to clear cache and browsing history in Google Chrome?
- 7 Crosh Shell Help Codes and Commands Table
- How to always show Bookmarks bar on Google Chrome Browser
- How to Set Homepage on Chrome
- How to copy Chrome alert popup text to clipboard
- How to restart WiFi using Crosh Terminal (ChromeOS Chromebook)
- How to Update Google Chrome Browser on Mac?
- [fix] Chrome: no listeners for an event URLS_SAFE_CHECK__STATUS_UPDATED
- Chrome : When Adobe flash player has finished updating, reload this page to active it
- Install Microsoft OneDrive on Mac - MacOS
- Java JDBC Select Multiple Records from table as List using PreparedStatement - Java
- Safari Disable Private Browsing Is Locked macOS Sonoma 14 - MacOS
- How to get the Execution Time of A Python Program - Python
- What is HTTP 500 Internal Server Error Code on web browsers - HowTos
- How to Add/Subtract Days to the Current Date in Java - Java
- What is (base) in Mac Terminal Prompt and how to remove it? - MacOS
- How to configure Maven for Java 8/11/17 - Java