You must have noticed that Safari browser does not show the link details at the bottom left side of the browser as you would see in Firefox or Google Chrome.
I believe it is very important to know what does the URL (or an anchor link as developer call it) on a webpage looks like before clicking on it - "Double checking if the url is a genuine and from a genuine domain". I prefer not to click on a link unless I am sure about its authenticity.
How to enable url link preview on hover?
If you are looking for an option to enable link details on hover, you will need to enable the "Status Bar", in order to enable the status bar, you need to go to the Safari menu and click on View and select "Show Status bar" option. Once you do this when you will hover over any link on a webpage you will see its complete url displayed at the bottom left side of Safari with a gray background, it will fade away as soon as you move away from a link.Steps:
- Open Safari,
- Now go to Safari Menu -> View,
- Click on "Show Status Bar",
Note if you click Control and click on any url it opens in a new tab, one good thing I see is when you click control and hover over a link its reads "Open link-url in a new tab
✌️You can also use the Keyboard Shortcut: Command + / to toggle between enabling and disabling Status Bar!
- [macOS] NetBeans IDE cannot be installed. Java (JRE) found on your computer but JDK XX or newer is required.
- Zsh Shell: Custom alias that you may find useful
- How to switch from bash to zsh shell in macOS Terminal
- [Solution] macOS could not be installed on your computer OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- Move from Zsh to Bash shell macOS
- WARNING: Python 2.7 is not recommended [macOS Big Sur]
- This operation couldnt be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. [macOS]
- How to do calculations in Mac Terminal
- Chrome : When Adobe flash player has finished updating, reload this page to active it - Chrome
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming - Android
- Android : Exception raised during rendering: action_bar API 22 - Android
- Find the location of Spotlight searched file - Mac-OS-X
- JSP Hello World Program Tutorial with Eclipse and Tomcat Server - Java
- SharePoint Server 2016 installation System Hardware requirements - SharePoint
- How to serialize-deserialize an object in java - Java
- The selected device is incompatible : Android Studio - Android-Studio
- Unbound classpath container: JRE System Library [JavaSE-1.7] - Java
- Bootstrap tooltip not working - Bootstrap
- osascript wants to make changes while Android Studio Installation on Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- -bash: startup.sh: command not found - Apache Tomcat 8 - Tomcat
- Android M cannot run app using play button : Android Studio - Android
- How to take Screenshot on Android device - Android