You must have noticed that Safari browser does not show the link details at the bottom left side of the browser as you would see in Firefox or Google Chrome.
I believe it is very important to know what does the URL (or an anchor link as developer call it) on a webpage looks like before clicking on it - "Double checking if the url is a genuine and from a genuine domain". I prefer not to click on a link unless I am sure about its authenticity.
How to enable url link preview on hover?
If you are looking for an option to enable link details on hover, you will need to enable the "Status Bar", in order to enable the status bar, you need to go to the Safari menu and click on View and select "Show Status bar" option. Once you do this when you will hover over any link on a webpage you will see its complete url displayed at the bottom left side of Safari with a gray background, it will fade away as soon as you move away from a link.Steps:
- Open Safari,
- Now go to Safari Menu -> View,
- Click on "Show Status Bar",
Note if you click Control and click on any url it opens in a new tab, one good thing I see is when you click control and hover over a link its reads "Open link-url in a new tab
✌️You can also use the Keyboard Shortcut: Command + / to toggle between enabling and disabling Status Bar!
- Open New Terminal Window Using Keyboard Shortcut macOS
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- WARNING: Python 2.7 is not recommended [macOS Big Sur]
- Terminal Command to get the list of available shells in macOS
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- Youtube spacebar not working in search on macOS Safari
- How to refresh Safari on Mac (macOS) using keyboard shortcut
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- Disable Startup Sound on macOS
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Test internet speed using macOS Terminal command
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- [macOS] Change homepage Macbook Safari Browser
- wget Command on macOS Terminal
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to increase macOS Terminal text font size (Big Sur)
- How to check zsh installed version using terminal
- This operation couldnt be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. [macOS]
- ls: .: Operation not permitted - Mac Big Sur Terminal Zsh Error
- How to install maven in macOS using Terminal Command
- How to open new tabs macOS Terminal
- How to uninstall GarageBand from Mac
- How to Restart Mac using Terminal Command
- Notepad++ insert a blank line above or below the current line example - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to remove or uninstall Java from Ubuntu using apt-get - Linux
- CSS Media Query Tutorial for Responsive Mobile First Web Design - CSS
- Add newline character Java code example (\r \n \r\n) - Java
- Notepad++ delete lines above or below - NotepadPlusPlus