We are all living in the days where operating systems have voice assistants installed, back in the days say command was very popular to convert text to speech using macOS X terminal.
Example: using String
Syntax: say [-v voice] [-f file | string ...]
Example: using external file
say "Hello, World! This is your macOS terminal say command saying hello!
Example: change voice -v (Agnes, Albert, Alex, Bad, Bahh, Bells, Boing, Bruce, Bubbles, Cellos, Deranged, Fred, Good, Hysterical, Junior, Kathy, Pipe, Princess, Ralph, Trinoids, Vicki, Victoria, Whisper, Zarvox )
say -f externalFile.txt
say -v Agnes "Hello there!"
say -v Cellos "Hello there!"
say -v Ralph "Today is a good day!"
say -v Trinoids "This is really a good idea!"
More Posts related to MacOS,
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac
- How to open new tabs macOS Terminal
- Encode or Decode Base64 String using Mac Terminal Command
- How to take a screenshot on a Mac? (updated for macOS Monterey 2022)
- [macOS] NetBeans IDE cannot be installed. Java (JRE) found on your computer but JDK XX or newer is required.
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- How to make macOS Terminal window Transparent (or Opaque)
- [macOS] Change homepage Macbook Safari Browser
- Cut, Copy and Paste keyboard commands on mac
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- Zsh Shell: Custom alias that you may find useful
- How to uninstall GarageBand from Mac
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Right Click on Mac Desktop?
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- How to display directory tree in Mac Terminal
- [Eclipse] Locate Preferences in macOS
- How to save webpage as pdf using macOS Safari
- Set Python 3.8 as a default python version on macOS
- 10 Beginners Commands for macOS Terminal Usage
- Display Seconds in Digital Clock on Mac Menu Bar [macOS]
- [Solution] macOS Big Sur Installation: There is not enough free space, Additional Space Required
- How to search (find) in macOS Terminal Console Text
- How to come out of dquote prompt in Terminal - macOS/Linux
- How to Gzip a file directory on Mac OS X using Terminal Command - Mac-OS-X
- [Solved] Mic not working on iPhone 7 after iOS 14 upgrade - Apple
- Setting up Cloud feature with Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Find Mac version using terminal command - MacOS
- Unable to connect to the Internet : Google Chrome - Chrome
- Enable Spellcheck in eclipse workspace - Eclipse
- ls command sort by file size [Linix/UNIX/macOS/bash] - Linux
- How to enable line numbers in IntelliJ - HowTos