We are all living in the days where operating systems have voice assistants installed, back in the days say command was very popular to convert text to speech using macOS X terminal.
Example: using String
Syntax: say [-v voice] [-f file | string ...]
Example: using external file
say "Hello, World! This is your macOS terminal say command saying hello!
Example: change voice -v (Agnes, Albert, Alex, Bad, Bahh, Bells, Boing, Bruce, Bubbles, Cellos, Deranged, Fred, Good, Hysterical, Junior, Kathy, Pipe, Princess, Ralph, Trinoids, Vicki, Victoria, Whisper, Zarvox )
say -f externalFile.txt
say -v Agnes "Hello there!"
say -v Cellos "Hello there!"
say -v Ralph "Today is a good day!"
say -v Trinoids "This is really a good idea!"
- How to find path of file on Mac Terminal
- How to disable Siri on Mac Monterey
- [fix] macOS Ventura xcrun: error: invalid active developer path missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Go to Specific file path using Mac Finder
- How to find Java HOME in Mac Terminal
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Must Know Homebrew Commands for Mac/Linux Users
- How to Insert an Inverted Question Mark on Mac ¿
- Hide Keyboard Text Input Icon on macOS Ventura Menu Bar
- How to make macOS Terminal window Transparent (or Opaque)
- How to check of Updates on Microsoft Edge Browser on Mac (macOS)
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- How to identify installed Java (JDK) Version on macOS
- Keyboard Shortcut to delete a file on a Mac [Macbook]
- Open Docker from Terminal Command on Mac
- Installing MongoDB on Linux/Unix/macOS/Ubuntu
- How to take a screenshot on a Mac - updated for Ventura 13 [updated 2023]
- ls: .: Operation not permitted - Mac Terminal ZSH Error
- How to remove username from Mac Menu Bar?
- macOS Ventura XCode Command Line Tools Installation
- Where is .zshrc file located in macOS
- How to Show Path of Files or App in Mac Spotlight Search
- How to enable root user on Mac Terminal
- Install Java 17 (LTS) JDK on ARM based M1/M2 Mac Natively
- Error: Safari quit unexpectedly. Problem Report for Safari - MacOS
- Run IntelliJ Java main method without Gradle build - Gradle
- Android Constant and Resource Type Mismatches Lint - Android
- java.lang.ClassNotFoundException android.support.v7.widget.Toolbar [Fix] - Android
- Convert Collection List to Set using Java 8 Stream API - Java
- How to turn off Dark theme in Excel for Mac - Microsoft
- sudo is not recognized as an internal or external command - Windows
- Calculate Area of Parallelogram - C-Program