We are all living in the days where operating systems have voice assistants installed, back in the days say command was very popular to convert text to speech using macOS X terminal.
Example: using String
Syntax: say [-v voice] [-f file | string ...]
Example: using external file
say "Hello, World! This is your macOS terminal say command saying hello!
Example: change voice -v (Agnes, Albert, Alex, Bad, Bahh, Bells, Boing, Bruce, Bubbles, Cellos, Deranged, Fred, Good, Hysterical, Junior, Kathy, Pipe, Princess, Ralph, Trinoids, Vicki, Victoria, Whisper, Zarvox )
say -f externalFile.txt
say -v Agnes "Hello there!"
say -v Cellos "Hello there!"
say -v Ralph "Today is a good day!"
say -v Trinoids "This is really a good idea!"
More Posts related to MacOS,
- How to display directory tree in Mac Terminal
- This operation couldnt be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. [macOS]
- How to display Battery percentage on Big Sur Menu Bar
- Change color of macOS terminal prompt
- How to check zsh installed version using terminal
- How to connect Airpods to Macbook Air or Pro?
- 30+ Zoom video communications application shortcuts for macOS
- How to open new tabs macOS Terminal
- How to refresh Safari on Mac (macOS) using keyboard shortcut
- wget Command on macOS Terminal
- How to do calculations in Mac Terminal
- How to change default macOS Terminal Window size
- Change Terminal Cursor Type in Mac (MacOS Shell)
- [Eclipse] Locate Preferences in macOS
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- How to clear Mac Terminal screen
- Google Search Hot Trends Screensaver for Mac OS X
- How to change macOS Safari default language
- Opening mac Terminal
- Spotlight Search Mac Keyboard Shortcut
- Show CPU and Memory Usage on macOS Menu Bar
- WARNING: Python 2.7 is not recommended [macOS Big Sur]
- [macOS] NetBeans IDE cannot be installed. Java (JRE) found on your computer but JDK XX or newer is required.
- How to create alias in macOS
- How to resolve Certificate Expired WhatsApp Error - WhatsApp
- [Java Threads] Should we extend Thread Class or implement Runnable interface - Java
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse - Android
- Android ListView turns Black or Flickers while Scrolling - Android
- Display Era details (AD BC) in Java Date - Java