Update: The macOS Sonoma 14.0 will be available to download for end users on 26 September 2023.
Sonoma 14.0 is the newest release of the macOS that run on Apple devices such as Macbooks, iMac, Mac Studio, and Mac Mini. It is the successor to macOS Ventura 13.0 which was released on October 24, 2022.
macOS Somoma was announced at Apple's WWDC (Worldwide Developers Conference) event that was held in 2023 on June 5, 2023.
Though it is not yet available for end-users, the first developer beta was released on June 5, 2023, and the first public beta was released on July 11, 2023.
We do not know the exact date when macOS Somoma will be released but looking at the past trends the final release date is not too far, it is likely that it will be released later this year by the fall, September, or October 2023.
List of Past macOS Announcements and Release Dates
|macOS Version||Announcement Date||Release Date|
|El Capitan (10.11)||June 8, 2015||September 30, 2015|
|Sierra (10.12)||June 13, 2016||September 20, 2016|
|High Sierra (10.13)||June 5, 2017||September 25, 2017|
|Mojave (10.14)||June 4, 2018||September 24, 2018|
|Catalina (10.15)||June 3, 2019||October 7, 2019|
|Big Sur (11)||June 22, 2020||November 12, 2020|
|Monterey (12)||June 7, 2021||October 25, 2021|
|Ventura (13)||June 6, 2022||October 24, 2022|
|Sonoma (14)||June 5, 2023||Announced - 26 September 2023|
From the past macOS releases, we can be quite sure that macOS Sonoma should be available by the end of September or October 2023.
We should get more information about it when the next Apple WWDC event happens.
So, the final release of macOS Sonoma is not far off, I will keep an eye on the developments and update this article with when the dates are announced.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- ls: .: Operation not permitted - Mac Terminal ZSH Error - MacOS
- Install Docker for Mac using Home-brew Cask - Docker
- pip/pip3 ERROR: Could not install packages due to an EnvironmentError: [Errno 13] Permission denied - PIP
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database - SharePoint
- How to take user input from the console in a Python program - Python
- Read JSON File in Python Program - Python
- DDMS files not found hprof-conv.exe - Android
- How to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10 - Microsoft