If you are trying to run startup.sh shell script to Start Apache Tomcat 8 server and you are getting -bash: startup.sh: command not found error message in Terminal Console on your Mac OS X operating system then you much check the following,
Make sure you are at the bin directory where startup.sh script is located example :
You must you prefix ./ before startup.sh, ie $ ./startup.sh or else you will get -bash: startup.sh: command not found.
Make sure you have executed permission for startup.sh, else use chmod to modify permissions.
bash-3.2$ cd /Users/code2care/Setups/apache-tomcat-8.0.22/bin/ bash-3.2$ ./startup.sh Using CATALINA_BASE: /Users/c2c/Setups/apache-tomcat-8.0.22 Using CATALINA_HOME: /Users/c2c/Setups/apache-tomcat-8.0.22 Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /Users/c2c/Setups/apache-tomcat-8.0.22/temp Using JRE_HOME: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_25.jdk/Contents/Home Using CLASSPATH: /Users/c2c/Setups/apache-tomcat-8.0.22/bin/bootstrap.jar:/Users/c2c/Setups/apache-tomcat-8.0.22/bin/tomcat-juli.jar Tomcat started. bash-3.2$
- How to check installed Tomcat version
- How to kill tomcat server process using Mac Terminal Command
- Tomcat Manager Default Username and Password
- -bash: startup.sh: command not found - Apache Tomcat 8
- Error 404 Tomcat homepage http://localhost:8080/ not displayed
- Fix Apache Tomca: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen spaceError
- How to resolve Certificate Expired WhatsApp Error - WhatsApp
- [Java Threads] Should we extend Thread Class or implement Runnable interface - Java
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse - Android
- Android ListView turns Black or Flickers while Scrolling - Android
- Display Era details (AD BC) in Java Date - Java