Sometimes you may not be able to start the Apache Tomcat App Server if it has not stopped properly. In such cases, one has to kill its process. If you are on Mac OS X system or any other Unix server then to do this,
- Open Terminal,
- Type command :ps -ef |grep -i 'catalina'
- When you run this command you should get an output like,
- Now run the kill command to stop this process: kill <process-id> (ex: kill 501)
- Now try to start the server, it should load without any error!
localhost:~ code2care$ ps -ef |grep -i 'catalina' 501 1144 623 0 6:59PM ?? 0:22.98 /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_25.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java - Dcatalina.base=/Users/code2care/Setups/apache-tomcat-7.0.61 -Dcatalina.home=/Users/code2care/Setups/apache- tomcat-7.0.61 -Dwtp.deploy=/Users/code2care/Setups/apache-tomcat-7.0.61/wtpwebapps - Djava.endorsed.dirs=/Users/code2care/Setups/apache-tomcat-7.0.61/endorsed -Dfile.encoding=MacRoman -classpath /Users/code2care/Setups/apache-tomcat-7.0.61/bin/bootstrap.jar:/Users/code2care/Setups/apache-tomcat- 7.0.61/bin/tomcat-juli.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_25.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/tools.jar org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start 501 1262 1103 0 8:35PM ttys000 0:00.00 grep -i catalina localhost:~ code2care$
Here 501 is the process id for the tomcat server in my case.
Related Issues :
Server Tomcat v6.0 Server at localhost failed to start.
Server Tomcat v7.0 Server at localhost failed to start.
Server Tomcat v8.0 Server at localhost failed to start.
Server Tomcat v9.0 Server at localhost failed to start.
- How to check installed Tomcat version
- How to kill tomcat server process using Mac Terminal Command
- Tomcat Manager Default Username and Password
- -bash: startup.sh: command not found - Apache Tomcat 8
- Error 404 Tomcat homepage http://localhost:8080/ not displayed
- Fix Apache Tomca: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen spaceError
- #YouMakeStrayKidsStay STRAY KIDS EVERYWHERE ALL AROUND THE WORLD Trending Hashtag - News
- Installing Native Chrome Browser App on M1 Mac Device - Chrome
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners - SharePoint
- Android : Remove ListView Separator/divider programmatically or using xml property - Android
- Java Decompiler Eclipse Plugin - Eclipse
- Align left align text in Bootstrap - Bootstrap
- [Event Log] Android Studio performance could be improved - Android-Studio
- Open Current Directory in Finder using Mac Terminal - MacOS