Sometimes you may not be able to start the Apache Tomcat App Server if it has not stopped properly. In such cases, one has to kill its process. If you are on Mac OS X system or any other Unix server then to do this,
- Open Terminal,
- Type command :ps -ef |grep -i 'catalina'
- When you run this command you should get an output like,
- Now run the kill command to stop this process: kill <process-id> (ex: kill 501)
- Now try to start the server, it should load without any error!
localhost:~ code2care$ ps -ef |grep -i 'catalina' 501 1144 623 0 6:59PM ?? 0:22.98 /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_25.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java - Dcatalina.base=/Users/code2care/Setups/apache-tomcat-7.0.61 -Dcatalina.home=/Users/code2care/Setups/apache- tomcat-7.0.61 -Dwtp.deploy=/Users/code2care/Setups/apache-tomcat-7.0.61/wtpwebapps - Djava.endorsed.dirs=/Users/code2care/Setups/apache-tomcat-7.0.61/endorsed -Dfile.encoding=MacRoman -classpath /Users/code2care/Setups/apache-tomcat-7.0.61/bin/bootstrap.jar:/Users/code2care/Setups/apache-tomcat- 7.0.61/bin/tomcat-juli.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_25.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/tools.jar org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start 501 1262 1103 0 8:35PM ttys000 0:00.00 grep -i catalina localhost:~ code2care$
Here 501 is the process id for the tomcat server in my case.
Related Issues :
Server Tomcat v6.0 Server at localhost failed to start.
Server Tomcat v7.0 Server at localhost failed to start.
Server Tomcat v8.0 Server at localhost failed to start.
Server Tomcat v9.0 Server at localhost failed to start.
- The package must have at least one . separator [Android Studio] - Android-Studio
- Make div element draggable using jQuery - jQuery
- How to make a Android button act as a toggle button - Android
- How to Kill service running on port using terminal command - HowTos
- Export aborted because fatal lint error were found - Android
- How to check if Java main thread is alive - Java
- Remove Applications from Startup Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- How to Stop Photos App from auto loading when device connected to the Mac - Mac-OS-X
- Custom Toast Android Programming - Android
- CSS: Apply opacity only for div background and not text - CSS
- Resolving DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Google Chrome Error - Google
- How to make div or text in html unselectable using CSS - CSS
- DDMS files not found hprof-conv.exe - Android
- Android Studio : Change FAB icon color : FloatingActionButton - Android-Studio
- [Hibernate] The method buildSessionFactory() from the type Configuration is deprecated - Java