Sometimes you may not be able to start the Apache Tomcat App Server if it has not stopped properly. In such cases, one has to kill its process. If you are on Mac OS X system or any other Unix server then to do this,
- Open Terminal,
- Type command :ps -ef |grep -i 'catalina'
- When you run this command you should get an output like,
- Now run the kill command to stop this process: kill <process-id> (ex: kill 501)
- Now try to start the server, it should load without any error!
localhost:~ code2care$ ps -ef |grep -i 'catalina' 501 1144 623 0 6:59PM ?? 0:22.98 /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_25.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java - Dcatalina.base=/Users/code2care/Setups/apache-tomcat-7.0.61 -Dcatalina.home=/Users/code2care/Setups/apache- tomcat-7.0.61 -Dwtp.deploy=/Users/code2care/Setups/apache-tomcat-7.0.61/wtpwebapps - Djava.endorsed.dirs=/Users/code2care/Setups/apache-tomcat-7.0.61/endorsed -Dfile.encoding=MacRoman -classpath /Users/code2care/Setups/apache-tomcat-7.0.61/bin/bootstrap.jar:/Users/code2care/Setups/apache-tomcat- 7.0.61/bin/tomcat-juli.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_25.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/tools.jar org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start 501 1262 1103 0 8:35PM ttys000 0:00.00 grep -i catalina localhost:~ code2care$
Here 501 is the process id for the tomcat server in my case.
Related Issues :
Server Tomcat v6.0 Server at localhost failed to start.
Server Tomcat v7.0 Server at localhost failed to start.
Server Tomcat v8.0 Server at localhost failed to start.
Server Tomcat v9.0 Server at localhost failed to start.
- How to fix: Please check your network connection (Retry) - HowTos
- Page actions are temporarily disabled [Google Search Console Page Crawling] - Google
- Disable Back Button in Android Programmatically - Android
- How to place two div elements next to each other - CSS
- [Vi/Vim] How to move cursor to the start of a line - MacOS
- Toast not getting displayed Android App - Android
- Default speed of Marquee tag : SCROLLAMOUNT - Html
- MacoOS - xyz is an app downloaded from the internet. Are you sure you want to open it? Alert - MacOS
- Python Hello World! Program with code example (snippet) - Python
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source - SharePoint
- Enable Eclipse dark mode - Eclipse
- Add Text at Start and End of Each Line Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Change color of macOS terminal prompt - MacOS
- Users experience call quality issue, voice distortion, disconnection with Microsoft Teams call and meeting - Teams
- Unable to connect to the Internet : Google Chrome - Chrome
- Spotlight Search file path location on Mac OS X Mavericks or Yosemite - Mac-OS-X
- How to rerun last command in Zsh shell - HowTos
- Calculate Area of ellipse - C-Program