You may have noticed, when you Close or Quit an App on your Mac device they stay on the Dock. This is the default behavior of macOS Ventura (and the older versions Catalina, Big Sur, Mojave and so no)
If you want the App icons to disappear from the Dock when you close them then you can do that on macOS Ventura by clicking on the Apple Menu and selecting System Settings... -> Desktop & Dock and disable "Show recent applications in Dock"
Step by Step: Disable "Show recent applications in Dock"
- Click on the Apple Logo on the Mac Menu Bar ,
- Select System Settings...,
- Now from the left side bar select Desktop & Dock,
- Turn Off - "Show recent applications in Dock"
- Close Settings App.
Now as soon as you Quit an App the icon will disappear from the Dock.
✏️ Cool Tip: Press Command ⌘ + Q button to Close and Quit the App
✋️ If you are on macOS below Ventura 13, the System Settings is called as System Preferences -> Dock -> Show recent applications in Dock.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- Locate Notepad++ unsaved files backup location - NotepadPlusPlus
- Android Developers Bluetooth Tutorial - Android
- [Solution] AWS Java SDK S3 AmazonS3Exception InvalidAccessKeyId - AWS
- How to switch between sftp and Terminal shell - FTP
- Fix: error: could not find `Cargo.toml` in Users or any parent directory - Rust
- [git] fatal: your current branch 'main' does not have any commits yet - Git
- How to know Notepad++ is 32-bit or 64-bit Version - NotepadPlusPlus
- SharePoint - Use Today's Date Time in list view filter and calculated column - SharePoint