This article is to provide steps to install R in macOS.
Steps to install R for macOS
- Go to R official website to download the dng setup: https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/
- If your macOS version is 10.11 and higher download: R-3.5.1.pkg
- If your macOS is 10.9 or 10.10 use the download package R-3.3.3.pkg
- If you are using the latest M1 Silicon (ARM) based Mac use the package: R-4.1.0-arm64.pkg
- After the setup is download follow the instructions to install R. You will be asked to agree the software license agreement to continue.
Installation Details of 4.1.0:
R 4.1.0 Version 4.1.0 (Camp Pontanezen) for macOS 11 (Big Sur) and higher ARM64 This multi-package contains the following main components: - R Framework 4.1.0 - R.app GUI 1.76 - Tcl/Tk 8.6.11 for X11 (optional, needed for the tcltk R package) - Texinfo 6.7 (optional, needed to build documentation in R packages from sources) Requirements: - ARM64-based Mac (M1 or later) - macOS 11 (Big Sur) or higher Note: By default the installer upgrades previous Big Sur ARM build of R if present. If you want to keep the previous version, use pkgutil --forget org.R-project.arm64.R.fw.pkg The Cocoa GUI called R.app will be installed by default in your Applications folder, R framework will be installed in /Library/Frameworks and Tcl/Tk and Texinfo will be installed in /opt/R/arm64
When you type R in Spotlight Search you will see the R application, open it and you must see the macOS R Colonse.
Have Questions? Post them here!
More Posts related to MacOS,
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- Best way to Convert Primitive long to int in Java with some Cautions - Java
- Android Disable EditText from Auto Focus on Activity load - Android
- How to force quit or kill Notepad++ Process - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to show Videos on SharePoint Page - SharePoint
- [fix] docker exec requires at least 2 arguments - Docker
- How to check of Updates on Microsoft Edge Browser on Mac (macOS) - MacOS
- Java JDBC NumberFormatException: For input string - Java
- Change Home Page on Safari for Mac (macOS) - MacOS