This article is to provide steps to install R in macOS.
Steps to install R for macOS
- Go to R official website to download the dng setup: https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/
- If your macOS version is 10.11 and higher download: R-3.5.1.pkg
- If your macOS is 10.9 or 10.10 use the download package R-3.3.3.pkg
- If you are using the latest M1 Silicon (ARM) based Mac use the package: R-4.1.0-arm64.pkg
- After the setup is download follow the instructions to install R. You will be asked to agree the software license agreement to continue.
Installation Details of 4.1.0:
R 4.1.0 Version 4.1.0 (Camp Pontanezen) for macOS 11 (Big Sur) and higher ARM64 This multi-package contains the following main components: - R Framework 4.1.0 - R.app GUI 1.76 - Tcl/Tk 8.6.11 for X11 (optional, needed for the tcltk R package) - Texinfo 6.7 (optional, needed to build documentation in R packages from sources) Requirements: - ARM64-based Mac (M1 or later) - macOS 11 (Big Sur) or higher Note: By default the installer upgrades previous Big Sur ARM build of R if present. If you want to keep the previous version, use pkgutil --forget org.R-project.arm64.R.fw.pkg The Cocoa GUI called R.app will be installed by default in your Applications folder, R framework will be installed in /Library/Frameworks and Tcl/Tk and Texinfo will be installed in /opt/R/arm64
When you type R in Spotlight Search you will see the R application, open it and you must see the macOS R Colonse.
Have Questions? Post them here!
More Posts related to MacOS,
- How to load zsh profile on opening shell terminal
- Set Python 3.8 as a default python version on macOS
- Show CPU and Memory Usage on macOS Menu Bar
- How to save macOS Terminal outputs as text file
- How to install wget on macOS
- Display ls command file sizes in KB (kilobytes) MB (megabytes) or GB (gigabytes) [Linux/macOS]
- How to Change Mouse Wheel Scroll Direction on Mac
- macOS R installation steps
- How to open terminal on Mac to run commands
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- Safari - Get HTTP Request Response Headers
- Opening mac Terminal
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to check RAM details on Mac?
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- How to add to PATH in macOS Big Sur
- Keyboard Shortcut to delete a file on a Mac [Macbook]
- How to increase macOS Terminal text font size (Big Sur)
- Permanently set $PATH variable in Mac Zsh shell
- Delete a Directory using Mac Terminal Command
- Remove Now Playing icon from macOS Big Sur Menu Bar
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac
- Resolving DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Google Chrome Error - Google
- How to rerun last command in Zsh shell - HowTos
- [macOS] Change homepage Macbook Safari Browser - MacOS
- Android Studio SDK Build-tools 23 rc2 not getting installed - Android-Studio
- SharePoint - The URL is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web. - SharePoint