% git pull error: cannot lock ref 'refs/remotes/origin/master': unable to resolve reference 'refs/remotes/origin/master': reference broken
You may get the above error when trying to pull a get repository from the origin.
Fix: Error: Unable to resolve reference
Remove the below folder from your local get repository us the rm command.
% rm .git/refs/remotes/origin/master
Once done, do a git fetch
% git fetch
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
More Posts related to Git,
- Fix [oh-my-zsh] Cant update: not a git repository
- [fix] fatal: pathspec index.html did not match any files error
- How to ignore files in git using .gitignore file
- Git Fix: fatal: refusing to merge unrelated histories Error
- Install GitHub Command Line Tool on Mac
- How to change directory in Git bash
- Get List of all local branches git command
- fix fatal: --local can only be used inside a git repository error
- [git] fatal: your current branch 'main' does not have any commits yet
- Git Revision Questions Before the Interview
- Change the default git branch name from master to main
- git command to remove/unstage files from staging area
- Remove git config at Local, Global or System Levels?
- [fix] fatal: this operation must be run in a work tree in git
- Clone a particular remote brach using git clone command
- How do I get a list of all branches in Git?
- How to check your installed version of Git
- Step-by-Step: How to delete a git branch from local as well as remote origin
- Git Commit - Author identity unknown, Please tell me who you are email
- fatal: Unable to create '/c/git_repo/.git/index.lock': File exists. If no other git process is currently running, this probably means a git process crashed in this repository earlier.
- How to Rename a Git Local Branch Using the --move Option
- Perform an Empty Commit in Git without anything in Staging Area
- [Fixed] Git Clone email@example.com: Permission denied (publickey) Could not read from remote repository Fatal error
- GitHub: How to Search Code
- Rename git branch on Local and GitHub Remove using Command
- How to extract numbers as list from Python String - Python
- How to See Hidden Folders and Files on macOS - Mac-OS-X
- How to record PowerPoint slide show presentation on Mac - narration, slide timings, ink gestures - Microsoft
- Setting $JAVA_HOME Environment Variable in macOS - MacOS
- Microsoft Teams enable or disable Spell check - Teams
- How to Export a man page using Mac Terminal to a file - MacOS
- How to fix PIP Install error: subprocess-exited-with-error - PIP
- Change the default login shell on macOS Ventura 13.0 - MacOS