There are multiple ways to get to the past history in the Mac Terminal application.
The easiest and quickest way to get to recent history is by pressing the up ↑ and the down ↓ arrow keys on your keyboard.
But if you want to see a list of all the recent commands that you have executed on the Terminal, then you have to make use of the history command.
971 lftp 184.108.40.206 974 lftp ftp://ftp.code2care.org 975 ping code2care.org 980 ls 981 who 982 clear 983 ls -ltrh 986 history | grep who
As you can see, you can pipe the history command with grep to filter out the specific command that you are looking for.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- How to Toggle Dark Mode in Microsoft 365 Word App on Mac - Microsoft
- 9 Ways to Loop Java Map (HashMap) with Code Examples - Java
- Java: Convert Date Class Object to Calendar - Java
- Column Mode Editing in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Adding internet permission to Android Project - Android
- Java: Fix SAXParseException: :1:1: Content is not allowed in prolog. - Java
- [Fix] Office 365 Sharepoint One Drive Error: Something went wrong. This is a temporary issue - SharePoint
- JSON Schema Validator Libraries: JSON Tutorial - Json-Tutorial