To sort a file in reverse order make use of the command sort.
Sort File in Rever Alphabetical Order:
Let's take a text file that has unsorted contents as shown below,myUnsortedFile.txt
America Brazil Japan China India Russia Ukraine France Germany
To sort this file in revere order make use of the sort command with -r option for reverse,
# sort -r myUnsortedFile.txt Ukraine Russia Japan India Germany France China Brazil America
What is the file has lines that contain special characters and numbers,
After Reverse Sorting:
cat myFile.txt America 1 Brazil # Japan @ China India ! Russia Ukraine 2 France Germany
# sort -r myFile.txt Ukraine Russia Japan India Germany France China Brazil America @ 2 1 # !
Sort File in Rever Numeric Order:File:
1 America 2 Brazil 3 Japan 4 China 5 India 6 Russia 7 Ukraine 8 France 9 Germany
Make use of -n and -r options together to sort the contents of the file in reverse numeric order,
# sort -nr myFile.txt 9 Germany 8 France 7 Ukraine 6 Russia 5 India 4 China 3 Japan 2 Brazil 1 America
- How to create new user account in Windows bash
- Command to Sort File In Reverse Order [Unix/Linux/macOS]
- 'pwd' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. [Windows]
- How to Kill a port using bash terminal command?
- How to know the current shell you are logged in?
- Bash For Loop Example
- How to see Created Accessed Modified and Changed dates of a file using bash terminal command
- How to fix bash ping command not found error
- Know Bash shell version command
- Bash Hello World! Script Tutorial
- How to check your IP using bash for Windows?
- [Fix] bash: script.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
- Fix bash: script.sh: Permission denied Error
- Bash command to wait for seconds
- How to use Autocomplete and Autosuggestion in Shell Commands
- bash get year 2021 calendar
- bash: netstat: command not found
- How to Compare Strings in Bash
- How to start or open a new bourne-again shell (bash) session on Windows using Command Line CMD
- How to fix java.net.NoRouteToHostException in Android Studio - Android-Studio
- [Updated] macOS 13 Ventura Supported Mac Devices List - MacOS
- Fix SharePoint PowerShell error - The term Get-SPweb is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet function script file or operable program - SharePoint
- Delete Android Studio Projects - Android-Studio
- FCM Messages! Testing Notifcation from Microsoft to investigate this problem [Microsoft Teams] - Microsoft
- Identify MySQL version in MySQL Command Line Prompt - MySQL
- Struts2 : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.fileupload.RequestContext - Java
- Display ls command file sizes in KB (kilobytes) MB (megabytes) or GB (gigabytes) [Linux/macOS] - MacOS