If you want to terminate the process for Mac Terminal, you can make use of the ps command first to identify the Process ID and then use the kill command to terminate.
Step 1: Look for the PID of Terminal
ps aux | grep Terminal
c2ctech 30238 1.9 0.8 409516704 70944 ?? S 10:18AM 0:00.73 /System/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app/Contents/MacOS/Terminal
c2ctech 30300 0.0 0.0 408626944 1360 s000 R+ 10:19AM 0:00.00 grep Terminal
Step 2: Kill the Terminal Process
Note: This will close (kill) all the open Terminal windows on your Mac.
Make use of kill -9 command to force kill.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- Install Microsoft OneDrive on Mac - MacOS
- Java JDBC Select Multiple Records from table as List using PreparedStatement - Java
- Safari Disable Private Browsing Is Locked macOS Sonoma 14 - MacOS
- How to get the Execution Time of A Python Program - Python
- What is HTTP 500 Internal Server Error Code on web browsers - HowTos
- How to Add/Subtract Days to the Current Date in Java - Java
- What is (base) in Mac Terminal Prompt and how to remove it? - MacOS
- How to configure Maven for Java 8/11/17 - Java