Since Adobe will no longer be supporting Flash Player after 31 December 2020 and Adobe will block Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning 12 January 2021, Adobe strongly recommends all users immediately uninstall Flash Player to help protect their systems.⚠️ Flash Player will no longer be supported after December 2020.
You must have seen this alert on your Google Chrome browser lately, this is because Adobe will end support for Flash on December 31, 2020
Why is flash going away?
This is not a recent news, back in 2017, Adobe announced that they will offically end the support for Adobe Flash Player on December 31, 2020, and had encourage the use of open HTML5 standards in place of Flash.
Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, and Mozilla all had announced that they will end Flash support by 2020.
Adobe Flash (earlier known as Macromedia Flash) was a browser plug-in that was created around 20 years ago to make Internet contents richer - if you have used the internet in late 90s and early 20s you must have surely played games made in flash on browsers and even movie websites that were made completely on flash (nostalgia!).HTML5 is a rich aternativate, which is capable of building richer applications without the use of Flash, such as games and interactive applications and is platform-independent. So over time flash has become obsolete.
If you are an iOS/iPhone user you must be knowing that Adobe Flash is not supported by iOS web browsers, back in 2010 Steve Jobs had criticized Flash Player for security issues identified by Symantec in 2009, he encourage the use of HTML5
Steve Jobs view on Flash: https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/apples-steve-jobs-posts-public-letter-adobe-flash/story?id=10508997
✔️ HTML5 has replaced Adobe Flash over the years!
In September 2019, Microsoft announced that they will stop support for Flash by 31 December 2020 and will be entirely removed from all browsers via Windows Update.Link: Saying goodbye to Flash in Chrome
How to block Flash on Google Chrome
- Go to Settings -> Privacy and security -> Site Settings
- Under Additional permissions click on Flash
- Under: Your Flash settings will be kept until you quit Chrome. toggle Block sites from running Flash (recommended)
- You are done!
- Aw Snap! Something went wrong while displaying this webpage Error code: STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH
- How to change Chrome Spell Check from UK English to US English
- Google Chrome Update failed (error: 12)
- Change Google Chrome Browsers default download location
- How to see HTTP Request Response Headers in Google Chrome Browser
- Chrome : When Adobe flash player has finished updating, reload this page to active it
- How to export bookmarks from Google Chrome Browser
- Unable to connect to the Internet : Google Chrome
- Flash Player will no longer be supported after December 2020. Turn off [Google Chrome]
- Installing Native Chrome Browser App on M1 Mac Device
- How to Update Chrome Browser on Mac?
- How to clear cache and browsing history in Google Chrome?
- How to copy Chrome alert popup text to clipboard
- How to fix: You will need Google Chrome to install most apps, extensions and themes.
- Resolving DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Google Chrome Error - Google
- How to rerun last command in Zsh shell - HowTos
- [macOS] Change homepage Macbook Safari Browser - MacOS
- Android Studio SDK Build-tools 23 rc2 not getting installed - Android-Studio
- SharePoint - The URL is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web. - SharePoint