You must have seen this alert on your Google Chrome browser lately, this is because Adobe will end support for Flash on December 31, 2020
Why is flash going away?
This is not a recent news, back in 2017, Adobe announced that they will offically end the support for Adobe Flash Player on December 31, 2020, and had encourage the use of open HTML5 standards in place of Flash.
Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, and Mozilla all had announced that they will end Flash support by 2020.
Adobe Flash (earlier known as Macromedia Flash) was a browser plug-in that was created around 20 years ago to make Internet contents richer - if you have used the internet in late 90s and early 20s you must have surely played games made in flash on browsers and even movie websites that were made completely on flash (nostalgia!).HTML5 is a rich aternativate, which is capable of building richer applications without the use of Flash, such as games and interactive applications and is platform-independent. So over time flash has become obsolete.
If you are an iOS/iPhone user you must be knowing that Adobe Flash is not supported by iOS web browsers, back in 2010 Steve Jobs had criticized Flash Player for security issues identified by Symantec in 2009, he encourage the use of HTML5
Steve Jobs view on Flash: https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/apples-steve-jobs-posts-public-letter-adobe-flash/story?id=10508997
✔️ HTML5 has replaced Adobe Flash over the years!
In September 2019, Microsoft announced that they will stop support for Flash by 31 December 2020 and will be entirely removed from all browsers via Windows Update.Link: Saying goodbye to Flash in Chrome
How to block Flash on Google Chrome
- Go to Settings -> Privacy and security -> Site Settings
- Under Additional permissions click on Flash
- Under: Your Flash settings will be kept until you quit Chrome. toggle Block sites from running Flash (recommended)
- You are done!
- Chrome : When Adobe flash player has finished updating, reload this page to active it
- Change Google Chrome Browsers default download location
- How to change Chrome Spell Check from UK English to US English
- How to copy Chrome alert popup text to clipboard
- How to export bookmarks from Google Chrome Browser
- Unable to connect to the Internet : Google Chrome
- Google Chrome Update failed (error: 12)
- How to make TextView Text Transparent [Android] - Android
- JSON Nest Objects Example: JSON Tutorial - Json-Tutorial
- Google translate in spreadsheet - Google
- SharePoint update append Required Field to display name of mandatory columns - SharePoint
- How to make a div tag clickable - Html
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site - SharePoint
- Android : Neither user 10085 nor current process has android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - Android
- Android-Failed to install apk on device EOF Timeout Error - Android
- HTML5 HELLO WORLD Example - Html
- Calculate Area of Square - C-Program
- How to get the Android OS installed version programmatically - Android
- List of Eclipse IDE Versions and future releases : Mars and Neon - Eclipse
- [Eclipse] Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater - Eclipse
- How to Generate Self-Signed OpenSSL certificate in three easy steps - HowTos
- Change Title text for Android Activity using java code - Android