Many times you might want to know if the image is a .jpg, .png, or a file extension just before opening it.
By default macOS does not show the extensions of the files, you may have to right-click on a file and click on More Info if you want to know the extension on a specific file.
Steps Show Extensions on All fines on Mac
- Open Finder,
- Click on Finder Menu: Preferences...*,
- Now go to Advanced tab,
- Chck "Show all filename extensions"
* You would see the Preferences option on macOS Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey, this has changed to Settings... from macOS Ventura onwards.
All files in Finder as well as on the Mac Desktop will show the extensions along with the file name.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- How to kill tomcat server process using Mac Terminal Command - Tomcat
- Install the minimal Linux on Docker (only 5 mb Alpine Linux) - Docker
- Steps of working with Stored Procedures using JDBCTemplate Spring Boot - Java
- How to change Android EditText Cursor Color - Android
- Run only a Single Unit Test using Gradle - Gradle
- Turn off Focus Mode on Mac - HowTos
- Gradle FAILURE: Build failed with an exception - Task not found in root project - Gradle
- How to display Toast on Button Click : Android - Android