SharePoint provides a very handy feature to store frequently used values (read Terms or Keywords) along with parent-child relationships among them in the form of Taxonomy.
The Managed Metadata Service helps in configuring the Term Store, Term Sets, and Terms.
Further documents and data can be stored in lists or libraries within sites in SharePoint. There is a special site column of type "Managed Metadata" which can be used as a lookup for MMD Term Set values. These values can either be pre-defined values or user-provided keywords.
PROBLEM - Sometimes users will see empty values while MMD value selection or the value is shown as blank for existing list items.
REASON - The reason for such behavior is because of a hidden Taxonomy list managed by SharePoint called TaxonomyHiddenList.
This is a hidden list that is not visible to users directly and is stored at the top-level site collection. It can be accessed by using this URL - http://yoursiteURL/lists/taxonomyhiddenlist. All the MMD Term values are stored in this hidden list and are looked-up from this list and shown to the users via the MMD site column. Obviously, a user needs to have minimum READ permissions in order to view items from a SharePoint list. So the common problem here is the missing permissions on this hidden list. The site owner/administrator just needs to make sure that every user is having at least READ permissions on the TaxonomyHiddenList list.
Once the permissions have been adjusted and confirmed, all users will be able to see and add MMD values in lists and library items.
This will work in most of the case. But if the problem still persists then please contact your administrator, the issue could be related to something else.
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- How to share SharePoint site or document with all users in organization
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- error CAML Query containing special characters
- Access URL for SharePoint Tenant Admin Center (Online Office 365)
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started
- SharePoint - The URL is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web.
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.Net
- How to Share Microsoft SharePoint Site with Users or Groups
- JSON column formatting to preview SharePoint Online file on mouse hover
- SharePoint List redirect user after submitting form NewForm.aspx
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint)
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help. (OSE403)
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- How to wrap column text in SharePoint Online Modern List Grid View using JSON formatting
- How to extend retiring SharePoint 2010 Workflows and continue with Office 365
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint
- How to hide or remove quick launch left navigation from SharePoint Online Modern site page
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- Error: Failed to validate the signature of the actionable message card - Power Automate Flow - PowerAutomate
- List of Online Java compiler with console - Java
- Share image and text Twitter using your Android Application Programatically - Twitter
- Hurry! Uninstall Adobe Flash Player - End Of Life, support end in December 2020 - News
- How to List All Users in Linux - Linux
- Base 64 Encoding Decoding In Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Java 8 java.util.Function and BiFunction Examples - Java
- Fix: Maven - Failed to execute goal - Compilation failure - Source/Target option 5 is no longer supported. Use 7 or later - Java