SharePoint provides a very handy feature to store frequently used values (read Terms or Keywords) along with parent-child relationships among them in the form of Taxonomy.
The Managed Metadata Service helps in configuring the Term Store, Term Sets, and Terms.
Further documents and data can be stored in lists or libraries within sites in SharePoint. There is a special site column of type "Managed Metadata" which can be used as a lookup for MMD Term Set values. These values can either be pre-defined values or user-provided keywords.
PROBLEM - Sometimes users will see empty values while MMD value selection or the value is shown as blank for existing list items.
REASON - The reason for such behavior is because of a hidden Taxonomy list managed by SharePoint called TaxonomyHiddenList.
This is a hidden list that is not visible to users directly and is stored at the top-level site collection. It can be accessed by using this URL - http://yoursiteURL/lists/taxonomyhiddenlist. All the MMD Term values are stored in this hidden list and are looked-up from this list and shown to the users via the MMD site column. Obviously, a user needs to have minimum READ permissions in order to view items from a SharePoint list. So the common problem here is the missing permissions on this hidden list. The site owner/administrator just needs to make sure that every user is having at least READ permissions on the TaxonomyHiddenList list.
Once the permissions have been adjusted and confirmed, all users will be able to see and add MMD values in lists and library items.
This will work in most of the case. But if the problem still persists then please contact your administrator, the issue could be related to something else.
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application
- Fix Error 2711 SQL RBS client - The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The specified Feature name ('Docs') not found in Feature table
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- Recommended size and resolution for SharePoint Online Site logo
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint classic site
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Fix Power BI error Access to the resource is forbidden when connecting SharePoint Online List as data source
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- That did'nt work, Issue type User not in directory - SharePoint external access error
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- Android Constant and Resource Type Mismatches Lint - Android
- Display Seconds in Digital Clock on Mac Menu Bar [macOS] - MacOS
- Bootstrap Nav Menu Dropdown on hover - Bootstrap
- Struts 2 : There is no Action mapped for namespace [/] and action name [form] associated with context path [/proj] - Java