If you own a MacBook with 256GB or 512GB of memory, you would soon be in a situation that do you not have enough space on your device to add more softwares of data. There are few Apps that come preinstalled with macOS (Catalina, Mojave or Big Sur) such as GarageBand
Not everyone is a composer and wants to make use of Apps such as GarageBand, it takes up ~1.7GB space on my M1 Macbook and more if you download loops libraries.
"How to delete/uninstall GarageBand App from Mac?"
- Open Finder App, by trying finder in Spotlight Search,
- Now click on Applications from the left Favorites section,
- Look for App GarageBand and right click Move to Thrash,
- You may see a pop-up "Finder wants to move "GarageBand" to the Thrash", Use Password or Touch ID to move it to thrash,
- Empty your Thrash.
✌️You may have also downloaded GarageBand sound libraries that you may want to delete to free up more space,
"How to delete/uninstall GarageBand Sound Libraries from Mac?"
- Click on the Apple icon on macOS menu bar,
- Select: About this Mac,
- Go to Storage tab,
- Now click on Manage..,
- Click on Music Creation,
- Click on Remove GarageBand Sound Library,
- You will see a pop-up like this,
Remove GarageBand Sound Library from disk? This will free up 2.53 GB of storage. You can’t undo this action, but you can reinstall the Sound Library later if needed.
- Click on Remove.
This should free up a lot of space for you! :)
- How to check Command Line Tools Version [Updated for Ventura]
- Trigger Notification Center Message using Mac Terminal Command
- [macOS] How to search or view previous terminal command history
- Show/Hide Hidden Files and Directories on Mac Finder
- How to clear Mac Terminal screen
- Setting JAVA_HOME in macOS Big Sur
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac
- How to Show Battery percentage on Big Sur Menu Bar
- How to uninstall Microsoft Outlook on Mac
- Move from Zsh to Bash shell macOS
- Install Native Golang on M1/M2 ARM based Mac
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to Set Background Wallpaper on macOS 13 Ventura
- The Zsh Shell - Mac Tutorial
- Installing brew on M1/M2 ARM Mac
- Display Seconds in Digital Clock on Mac Menu Bar [macOS]
- How to Increase Mac Terminal Buffer Size
- Add Sketch from iPhone to MacBook with macOS Monterey
- How to view the desktop when using macOS Stage Manager?
- [fix] App store not working on Mac, Blank Black or White Screen
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- How to open terminal on Mac to run commands
- Set Custom Background Wallpaper on Mac Terminal (macOS Ventura)
- How to turn off Stage Manager - macOS Ventura - MacOS
- Java SE 8 Update 301 available with various bug fixes and security improvements - Java
- How to Upload a File to Google Colab (txt, csv, json, xml, xlsx) - Google
- Fix error The tool was unable to install the Web Server (IIS) Role during SharePoint 2019 Setup - SharePoint
- How to add or remove bookmark on a line in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Installing JD Decompiler plugin in Eclipse IDE - Eclipse
- Eclipse : A java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development kit (JDK) must be available - Java
- Android Studio setup was canceled - How to resume - Android-Studio