If you own a MacBook with 256GB or 512GB of memory, you would soon be in a situation that do you not have enough space on your device to add more softwares of data. There are few Apps that come preinstalled with macOS (Catalina, Mojave or Big Sur) such as GarageBand
Not everyone is a composer and wants to make use of Apps such as GarageBand, it takes up ~1.7GB space on my M1 Macbook and more if you download loops libraries.
"How to delete/uninstall GarageBand App from Mac?"
- Open Finder App, by trying finder in Spotlight Search,
- Now click on Applications from the left Favorites section,
- Look for App GarageBand and right click Move to Thrash,
- You may see a pop-up "Finder wants to move "GarageBand" to the Thrash", Use Password or Touch ID to move it to thrash,
- Empty your Thrash.
✌️You may have also downloaded GarageBand sound libraries that you may want to delete to free up more space,
"How to delete/uninstall GarageBand Sound Libraries from Mac?"
- Click on the Apple icon on macOS menu bar,
- Select: About this Mac,
- Go to Storage tab,
- Now click on Manage..,
- Click on Music Creation,
- Click on Remove GarageBand Sound Library,
- You will see a pop-up like this,
Remove GarageBand Sound Library from disk? This will free up 2.53 GB of storage. You can’t undo this action, but you can reinstall the Sound Library later if needed.
- Click on Remove.
This should free up a lot of space for you! :)
- Open New Terminal Window Using Keyboard Shortcut macOS
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- WARNING: Python 2.7 is not recommended [macOS Big Sur]
- Terminal Command to get the list of available shells in macOS
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- Youtube spacebar not working in search on macOS Safari
- How to refresh Safari on Mac (macOS) using keyboard shortcut
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- Disable Startup Sound on macOS
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Test internet speed using macOS Terminal command
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- [macOS] Change homepage Macbook Safari Browser
- wget Command on macOS Terminal
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to increase macOS Terminal text font size (Big Sur)
- How to check zsh installed version using terminal
- This operation couldnt be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. [macOS]
- ls: .: Operation not permitted - Mac Big Sur Terminal Zsh Error
- How to install maven in macOS using Terminal Command
- How to open new tabs macOS Terminal
- How to uninstall GarageBand from Mac
- How to Restart Mac using Terminal Command