If you own a MacBook with 256GB or 512GB of memory, you would soon be in a situation that do you not have enough space on your device to add more softwares of data. There are few Apps that come preinstalled with macOS (Catalina, Mojave or Big Sur) such as GarageBand
Not everyone is a composer and wants to make use of Apps such as GarageBand, it takes up ~1.7GB space on my M1 Macbook and more if you download loops libraries.
"How to delete/uninstall GarageBand App from Mac?"
- Open Finder App, by trying finder in Spotlight Search,
- Now click on Applications from the left Favorites section,
- Look for App GarageBand and right click Move to Thrash,
- You may see a pop-up "Finder wants to move "GarageBand" to the Thrash", Use Password or Touch ID to move it to thrash,
- Empty your Thrash.
✌️You may have also downloaded GarageBand sound libraries that you may want to delete to free up more space,
"How to delete/uninstall GarageBand Sound Libraries from Mac?"
- Click on the Apple icon on macOS menu bar,
- Select: About this Mac,
- Go to Storage tab,
- Now click on Manage..,
- Click on Music Creation,
- Click on Remove GarageBand Sound Library,
- You will see a pop-up like this,
Remove GarageBand Sound Library from disk? This will free up 2.53 GB of storage. You can’t undo this action, but you can reinstall the Sound Library later if needed.
- Click on Remove.
This should free up a lot of space for you! :)
- Opening mac Terminal
- Youtube spacebar not working in search on macOS Safari
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- How to start/boot macOS in safe mode - Big Sur 11.0, Catalina 10.15, or Mojave 10.14
- How to open Terminal in Mac to run commands
- Spotlight Search Mac Keyboard Shortcut
- macOS Big Sur compatible Macs List
- How to change macOS Safari default language
- zsh: command not found: cls macOS Big Sur
- [Solution] macOS Big Sur Installation: There is not enough free space, Additional Space Required
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse - Android
- JSON Tutorial: List of Lessons - Json-Tutorial
- Android : No Launcher activity found! Error - Android
- Set Title to Android AlertDialog - Android
- Android AlertDialog with Yes No and Cancel Button - Android
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file - SharePoint
- Get HTML table td, tr or th inner content value with id or name attribute - Html
- Center Align TextView Android Horizontally or Vertically - Android
- NOTE: This project contains resource errors, so aapt did not succeed, which can cause rendering failures. Fix resource problems first. - Android
- Android Disable back button programatically - Android
- How to make a dummy phone call from Android Emulator device - Android
- How to extract deployed WSP solution from SharePoint FARM using PowerShell - SharePoint
- Kill or force quit stuck application or process in Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell - SharePoint
- Calculate Volume of Sphere - C-Program