The .bash_profile is a hidden configuration file for Bash Shell that you will find under the logged-in user's home directory.
The easiest way to get there is by opening the Terminal and typing cd ~
Next, you can make use of the nano editor, which is a very easy-to-use built-in editor in macOS.
To open the .bash_profile simply type nano ~/.bash_profile
Note: It is common that this file may not be present, if not created.
Once you make changes to this file, press Control + X followed by Y to save and Quit.
Finally, to apply the changes run the command source ~/.bash_profile in Terminal.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- How to come out of dquote prompt in Terminal - macOS/Linux - MacOS
- Docker - Error response from daemon: You cannot remove a running container - Docker
- Create Custom Toast Android Programming - Android
- How to Add Developer Tab in Excel for Mac - Microsoft
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse - Android
- AlertDialog with single button example : Android - Android
- How to Convert Jupyter Notebook and Save as PDF - Python
- TextEdit: Disable Autocorrect Option (Mac) - MacOS