To clear the Terminal screen on Mac you can make use of the "clear" command,Syntax:
Let's see a demo, below in the gif you can see I ran multiple commands and used the command clear to clean the screen. As soon as the command was fired all the text got cleared and the prompt moved to the top of the window.
As you can see after the screen is cleared when I scroll the window up, I can yet see the previous commands, there is a blank space added after the clear command.
You can read more about the clear command by taking a look at the manual,
% man clear
clear - clear the terminal screen
clear clears your screen if this is possible. It looks in the environment for the terminal type and then in the terminfo database to figure out how to clear the screen.
clear ignores any command-line parameters that may be present.
This describes ncurses version 5.7 (patch 20081102).
Clear Terminal Screen using Keyboard Shortcut
There is another quick way to clear the Mac Terminal screen and that is using the keyboard key combinations
Clear the previous command text
Press the Key Combinations Command + L to clear the screen to the previous mark. By pressing these keys multiple times you can clear the screen incrementally.
Clear full screen using Keyboard
Press the Key Combinations Command + K to clear the whole screen just like the clear command.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- How to know the Serial Number of MacBook on macOS Ventura 13.0
- macOS: Remove Desktop or Documents Folder from iCloud Drive Syncing
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to install Zoom Add-in to Outlook (Mac)
- How to turn off Stage Manager - macOS Ventura
- Fix - Xode - Internal logic error: Connection was invalidated
- How to do calculations in Mac Terminal
- How to delete a Page in Microsoft Word File on Mac (macOS)
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to Disable Mac Terminal Bell Sound
- Installing MongoDB on Linux/Unix/macOS/Ubuntu
- How to Uninstall Brew on Mac
- Find your macOS version
- Change TextEdit File Encoding
- AppleScript Example with TextEdit
- How to install homebrew (brew) on M1 Mac
- How to Find File and Directory Size in Mac Terminal
- How to open new tab in Sublime Text Editor [macOS]
- How to list all users in Mac Terminal
- Turn off Auto-Capitalization on macOS Ventura 13
- How to check Command Line Tools Version [Updated for Ventura]
- Change Current User Password using Mac Terminal Command
- Capitalize SQL Keywords using Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to see Storage Information on macOS Ventura - MacOS
- Replace new line with comma in Sublime Text Editor - Sublime-Text
- Search text in Eclipse Console logs - Eclipse
- How to Stop/Cancel/kill docker image pull - Docker
- How to empty trash in Android Device - Android
- 9 Border to DIV Element in HTML Examples - Html
- [Android] RuntimeException: Unable to start activity Need BLUETOOTH permission - Android