If you want more number of lines to be retained as history in the Windows Terminal app, you can follow the below steps.
This post has been updated for the Windows 11 Operating System.
- Open the Terminal app.
- Now click on the down-arrow ▼ next to the tab button.
- Select Settings.
- From the sidebar under Profiles select Default.
- Now scroll down and select Advanced under Additional Settings.
- Change the value of History Size: default is 9001.
- Click Save.
This will change the number of lines displayed when you scroll up for all your Shells - PowerShell, CMD, Azure, Bash, and so on!
This is not an AI-generated article but is verified & demonstrated by a human on a Windows 11 PC.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Windows 365: Restore Deleted Distribution Group using Admin Center (Active Directory)
- How to Make a Windows Notepad File Read-Only
- Enable Cloud Based Clipboard for Images and Text on Windows 10/11
- Read file from Windows CMD (Command Line)
- Fix: This file is set to read-only. Try again with a different file name. [Windows 10/11]
- Top 5 Fonts for Windows Notepad
- Cannot access Windows application shortcuts on Start menu and Taskbar
- [Solution] WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102 VM on Mac
- Fix Windows Update Error Code: 0x80070643
- Fix: Windows 10/11 Update Install Error - 0x80070103
- Change the Size of History in Windows Terminal (Updated for Windows 11)
- How to Know Version of Windows Terminal
- How to do a Print Screen on Windows 11 to Screencapture
- How to Set PowerShell as Default Shell on Windows Terminal
- How to know the version and Device ID of OneDrive on Mac
- How to Press a Enter in Cell for New Line on Microsoft Excel on Mac
- Minecraft Fix: Error: UNKNOWN code: Deep Ocean - Something went wrong in the login process
- [Fix] Microsoft Windows OneDrive 0x8007018b Error Code
- How to Change the Default Shell in Windows Terminal App
- Fix: Failed in attempting to update the source: winget
- [Fix] Microsoft Windows Store error 0x00000005 (Windows 8/10/11)
- Fix: Windows Update Error Code: 0x800f0922
- Fix: Error code: 0x204 Microsoft Remote Desktop - Unable to connect the remote PC.
- Shortcut to Open Snipping Tool on Windows and Take Screenshot
- Grep Alternative for Windows CMD or PowerShell: findstr
- How to check if a Command Exists using Bash Script - Bash
- iPhone network says SOS Only on Status Bar - iOS
- Permanently set $PATH variable in Mac Zsh shell - MacOS
- Installing Gradle on macOS - Gradle Tutorial - Gradle
- Android : Error in http connection java.net.SocketException: Permission denied - Android
- How to Comment out Code in PowerShell Script - Powershell
- Enable JSON Pretty Print in Java Jackson - Java
- How to delete a Python Virtual Environment - Python