If you for ways to install Windows 11 on your M1/M2 ARM Apple Silicon Mac/Macbook, you can make use of the below two apps.
Step 1: UTM - Virtual Machine App for Mac
The first thing you do is download and install the free Virtual Machine app called UTM from https://mac.getutm.app
Step 2: CrystalFetch - Create Windows ISOs for macOS
The CrystalFetch can be downloaded from the App Store on macOS for free. It can be used to create Windows® 11 installer ISO images. Once you download the iso It can be used with UTM virtual machines.
You can download iso's for both Windows 10/11 and Apple Silicon or Intel based Macs.
Steps to install Windows 10/11 on macOS
- Download and install the UTM app on your Mac.
- Download the Windows 10/11 installer ISO using CrystalFetch.
- Open UTM and click the "+" button to create a new VM.
- Choose "Virtualize" and select "Windows."
- Make sure "Import VHDX Image" is unchecked and "Install Windows 10 or higher" is checked.
- Also, check "Install drivers and SPICE tools" and click "Browse" to select the ISO from step 2.
- Set the desired RAM and CPU core allocation and click "Next."
- Specify the maximum drive space to allocate and click "Next."
- Click "Save" to create the VM. Wait for guest tools to finish downloading, then click the "Run" button to start the VM.
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human on an M1 Mac running macOS Sonoma 14.0.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- How to know the Serial Number of MacBook on macOS Ventura 13.0
- macOS: Remove Desktop or Documents Folder from iCloud Drive Syncing
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to install Zoom Add-in to Outlook (Mac)
- How to turn off Stage Manager - macOS Ventura
- Fix - Xode - Internal logic error: Connection was invalidated
- How to do calculations in Mac Terminal
- How to delete a Page in Microsoft Word File on Mac (macOS)
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to Disable Mac Terminal Bell Sound
- Installing MongoDB on Linux/Unix/macOS/Ubuntu
- How to Uninstall Brew on Mac
- Find your macOS version
- Change TextEdit File Encoding
- AppleScript Example with TextEdit
- How to install homebrew (brew) on M1 Mac
- How to Find File and Directory Size in Mac Terminal
- How to open new tab in Sublime Text Editor [macOS]
- How to list all users in Mac Terminal
- Turn off Auto-Capitalization on macOS Ventura 13
- How to check Command Line Tools Version [Updated for Ventura]
- Change Current User Password using Mac Terminal Command
- Fix: E: Command line option --installed is not understood in combination with the other options - Ubuntu
- BeanDefinitionStoreException IOException parsing XML document from class path resource [spring.xml] - Java
- How to open Notepad? - NotepadPlusPlus
- What is the doctype for HTML5? - Html
- 24: Append One String to Another in Python Program - Python-Programs
- Add a User as a Sudoer Using Ubuntu Linux Command Line Terminal - Ubuntu
- Install AWS CLI using Brew Command - AWS
- How to Compare Strings in Bash - Bash