So if you are trying to scp a file from a remote server or copy a file from your local system to a remote location and you see that you get the below ssh error,
root@linux-box:/# scp firstname.lastname@example.org:/tmp/logs.txt /usr/log-dir/
ssh: connect to host 192.168.0.10 port 22: Connection refused
- Check if the server IP/address provided is the valid one.
- Check if the remote server is available on some other port instead of 22
- Check if port 22 is open, is there any firewall configuration or access issue, check with yout Admin or ISP provider.
More Posts related to Linux,
- Install Java Runtime Environment (Oracle or open JRE) on Ubuntu
- How to tar.gz a directory/folder
- How to check file permissions for your file using Linux/Unix/macOS Terminal Command
- Install OpenSSL on Linux/Ubuntu
- How to Install CVS Version Control on Linux/Ubuntu
- ls command sort by file size [Linix/UNIX/macOS/bash]
- Sort ls command by last modified date and time
- What does apt-get update command does?
- scp: ssh: connect to host xxxx port 22: Connection refused Error
- The Date Command and its usage [Linux - Unix - macOS]
- 3 Commands to stop Nginx Server
- How to Cut Copy and Paste in Nano Text Editor
- Calculate days between dates using dateutils ddiff command
- How to remove/delete a directory in Linux/macOs
- How to install npm on Ubuntu
- zsh hello world example
- bash: cls: command not found
- How to install python pip on Ubuntu using apt command
- How to quit or exit SFTP Prompt on Terminal
- SCP Copy all files from directory to Local Folder
- Command to display epoch time Terminal
- How to exit from nano command
- How to Display content of a file in Terminal Screen?
- How to remove or uninstall Java from Ubuntu using apt-get
- How to check uptime of Linux/Unix/macOS system/server using console command?
- [Gmail] Calling in Hangouts will be turned off soon. - News
- Fix java.net.ProtocolException: Invalid HTTP method - Java
- ASCII to HEX and HEX to ASCII Conversion Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- [Java] NoClassDefFoundError Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory - Java
- Syntax error, parameterized types are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater [Java] - Eclipse
- How to use Spotlight feature in Teams meeting to pin and highlight participant and content - Teams
- How to export bookmarks from Google Chrome Browser - Chrome
- Alternatives for Notepad++ on Mac in 2021 - NotepadPlusPlus