>>> data_str="some data string" >>> data_str.decode("UTF-8") Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module> AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'decode'. Did you mean: 'encode'?
You will get this error when you try to decode a string in Python which is already decoded.
Remember that the process of decoding is to convert the bytes to a string object. The bytes are encoded in a specific character encoding, such as UTF-8 or ASCII. When we do decoding these bytes are transformed into a string using the appropriate character encoding.Example:
byte_data = b'Some data as bytes' string_data = byte_data.decode('utf-8')
The solution is simple, you do not need to use decode("UTF-8") or you meant to make the string as a byte string.
>>> data_str=b"some data string" >>> data_str.decode("UTF-8") 'some data string' >>>
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Python: Convert Date to DateTime
- How to sort a List using Lambda in Python
- Python matplotlib segmentation fault: 11 macOS Big Sur
- What is Terminal Velocity and its Formula? How to calculate it programmatically?
- How to install Python 3.11 on Mac
- How to flatten a nested list in Python
- Python: Pandas Merge DataFrames on Index Example
- How to Run all Cells at Once Jupyter Notebook
- Python - Convert float to String
- How to add borders to tkinter label text
- How to Exit a Loop in Python Code
- [Python] Fix: ValueError: All arrays must be of the same length
- Sorting an array using Bubble Sort in Python Programming
- How to Unzip a file using Python
- Python: Merge DataFrames Pandas Outer Join Example
- Change label (text) color in tkinter
- Convert Float to String in Python
- Fix: fatal error: No such file or directory compilation terminated
- Python: Access index/counter of a for loop iteration
- Import Other Python Files Examples
- How to install Anaconda on Mac (M1/M2 Mac)
- Python Regular Expression to Find All Matches in List
- How to Read a binary File with Python
- How to disable warnings while Python file execution
- Know current Python Version
- Mac: How to Change Terminal Background Color - MacOS
- PowerShell iterate and get all SharePoint sites and sub sites - SharePoint
- Get Button Text onClick Android App - Android
- Python - Convert float to String - Python
- cURL -d Option with Examples - cURL
- Open Large File in Notepad++ (Fix: File is too big to be opened by Notepad++) - NotepadPlusPlus
- Change Mac Default Browser [updated for macOS Ventura] - MacOS
- Enable and reduce background noise in Microsoft Teams with AI-based noise suppression - Teams