It would be so much fun to update the Zsh Shell default prompt from a % sign to something that you like, say an unicode emoji? Well this is possible, all you need to do is set the PROMPT variable in .zshrc file.
By default the .zshrc profile file is not available on macOS, you need to create it, try the below command, it will create the file for you if does not exists.
% nano ~/.zshrc
This will open up the file in nano editor, just add the below lines at the start of the file,
PROMPT=' 🦋 '
Now press Ctrl + X to exit and Y to save, and press Enter. Now to reflect these updates, you run the below command,
% source ~/.zshrc
Thats it! You should see the butterfly emoji now as the new Zsh prompt.
- How to load zsh profile on opening shell terminal
- Set Python 3.8 as a default python version on macOS
- Show CPU and Memory Usage on macOS Menu Bar
- How to save macOS Terminal outputs as text file
- How to install wget on macOS
- Display ls command file sizes in KB (kilobytes) MB (megabytes) or GB (gigabytes) [Linux/macOS]
- How to Change Mouse Wheel Scroll Direction on Mac
- macOS R installation steps
- How to open terminal on Mac to run commands
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- Safari - Get HTTP Request Response Headers
- Opening mac Terminal
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to check RAM details on Mac?
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- How to add to PATH in macOS Big Sur
- Keyboard Shortcut to delete a file on a Mac [Macbook]
- How to increase macOS Terminal text font size (Big Sur)
- Permanently set $PATH variable in Mac Zsh shell
- Delete a Directory using Mac Terminal Command
- Remove Now Playing icon from macOS Big Sur Menu Bar
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac
- Check Bluetooth is turned on or off on Android device programmatically [Java Code] - Android
- How to verify if java is installed on the computer and get version detail - Java
- JSON Syntax : JSON Tutorial - Json-Tutorial
- Android-Failed to install apk on device EOF Timeout Error - Android