It would be so much fun to update the Zsh Shell default prompt from a % sign to something that you like, say an unicode emoji/smiley - like a butterfly, batman, spiderman, or any other special symbol? Well this is possible, all you need to do is set the PROMPT variable in .zshrc file.
By default the .zshrc profile file is not available on macOS, you need to create it, try the below command, and it will create the file for you if does not exists.
% nano ~/.zshrc
This will open up the file in nano editor (you may use vi/vim if you prefer), just add the below lines at the start of the file,
PROMPT=' 🦋 '
Now press Ctrl + X to exit and Y to save, and press Enter. Now to reflect these updates, you run the below command,
% source ~/.zshrc
That's it! You should see the butterfly emoji now as the new Zsh prompt.
If you wish to go back to the normal prompt for zsh, simply open the same file again and remove the line we just added.
- How to find path of file on Mac Terminal
- How to disable Siri on Mac Monterey
- [fix] macOS Ventura xcrun: error: invalid active developer path missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Go to Specific file path using Mac Finder
- How to find Java HOME in Mac Terminal
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Must Know Homebrew Commands for Mac/Linux Users
- How to Insert an Inverted Question Mark on Mac ¿
- Hide Keyboard Text Input Icon on macOS Ventura Menu Bar
- How to make macOS Terminal window Transparent (or Opaque)
- How to check of Updates on Microsoft Edge Browser on Mac (macOS)
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- How to identify installed Java (JDK) Version on macOS
- Keyboard Shortcut to delete a file on a Mac [Macbook]
- Open Docker from Terminal Command on Mac
- Installing MongoDB on Linux/Unix/macOS/Ubuntu
- How to take a screenshot on a Mac - updated for Ventura 13 [updated 2023]
- ls: .: Operation not permitted - Mac Terminal ZSH Error
- How to remove username from Mac Menu Bar?
- macOS Ventura XCode Command Line Tools Installation
- Where is .zshrc file located in macOS
- How to Show Path of Files or App in Mac Spotlight Search
- How to enable root user on Mac Terminal
- Install Java 17 (LTS) JDK on ARM based M1/M2 Mac Natively
- [Fix] MySQL No database selected - ERROR 1046 (3D000) - MySQL
- Add Text at Start and End of Each Line Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to fix bash ping command not found error - Bash
- Google YouTube Gmail down, not working worldwide - 503, 502, something went wrong error - News
- Installing MongoDB on Linux/Unix/macOS/Ubuntu - MacOS
- TextEdit Get the count of lines in a file - MacOS
- How to take Screenshot on Android device - Android
- Command to display epoch time Terminal - Linux