It would be so much fun to update the Zsh Shell default prompt from a % sign to something that you like, say an unicode emoji? Well this is possible, all you need to do is set the PROMPT variable in .zshrc file.
By default the .zshrc profile file is not available on macOS, you need to create it, try the below command, it will create the file for you if does not exists.
% nano ~/.zshrc
This will open up the file in nano editor, just add the below lines at the start of the file,
PROMPT=' 🦋 '
Now press Ctrl + X to exit and Y to save, and press Enter. Now to reflect these updates, you run the below command,
% source ~/.zshrc
Thats it! You should see the butterfly emoji now as the new Zsh prompt.
- [macOS] How to search or view previous terminal command history
- [Eclipse] Locate Preferences in macOS
- macOS Big Sur compatible Macs List
- How to connect Airpods to Macbook Air or Pro?
- Display ls command file sizes in KB (kilobytes) MB (megabytes) or GB (gigabytes) [Linux/macOS]
- [macOS] Change homepage Macbook Safari Browser
- [Vi/Vim] How to move cursor to the start of a line
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Set Python 3.8 as a default python version on macOS
- 30+ Zoom video communications application shortcuts for macOS
- say command macOS terminal examples
- Mac (macos) startup keyboard boot sequence combinations
- Cut, Copy and Paste keyboard commands on mac
- How to Disable EditText Keyboard Android App - Android
- Using Document Map in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Word wrap text in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Android read text file from internal storage - Android
- SharePoint installation - Appfabric installation failed because installer MSI returned with error code:1603 - SharePoint
- Calculate Area of Trapezoid - C-Program
- How to Configure Eclipse keymap in IntelliJ IDE - Android-Studio
- Get Button Text onClick Android App - Android
- Pdf Text to Speech option in Mac OS X Preview App - Mac-OS-X
- Android Studio 1.3 beta now Available for Developers - Android-Studio
- Fixing Android unknown error 961 while downloading app - Android
- How to rename package name in Android Studio - Android-Studio
- Notepad++ Editor alternatives for Mac OS X - NotepadPlusPlus
- Share Story Feed on Facebook using URL - Facebook
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search - SharePoint