If I connect my wireless Bluetooth earphones to my Macbook to watch something on Youtube or Netflix, to listen to music on Spotify, or either to attend an office meeting, whatever be the case, every time the Apple Music App opens up, which is not really what I was looking for.
Not just on the Dock, but the Music App Window popped up on top of your screen which can be distracting especially if you use another music service app like Amazon Music or Amazon Prime.
Though I am on the latest version of macOS - Ventura 13.0, there is no still no way I could find in the Music App Settings that could disable this behavior, nor you can delete the app as you can by clicking the X button after a long press on the app icon.
Workarounds to stop Apple Music from automatically opening when earbuds are connected
Install noTunes App
This application prevents iTunes or Apple Music from launching when Bluetooth headphones reconnect.
Github Link: https://github.com/tombonez/noTunes
You can also get it installed quickly using homebrew,
brew install --cask notunes
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- Best way to Convert Primitive long to int in Java with some Cautions - Java
- Android Disable EditText from Auto Focus on Activity load - Android
- How to force quit or kill Notepad++ Process - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to show Videos on SharePoint Page - SharePoint
- [fix] docker exec requires at least 2 arguments - Docker
- How to check of Updates on Microsoft Edge Browser on Mac (macOS) - MacOS
- Java JDBC NumberFormatException: For input string - Java
- Change Home Page on Safari for Mac (macOS) - MacOS