Notepad++ is the most popular text editor that offers a variety of customization options to improve your editing experience. One such option is the ability to choose an alternate tab bar icon, which can help you quickly identify the contents of each tab. Here are the steps you need to follow to choose alternate tab bar icons in Notepad++:
- Open Notepad++
- Go to Menu: Settings -> Tab Bar -> check Alternate icons checkbox
- Click close.
- You would now see that the tab icon has changed from a floppy disk icon to a pencil when the tab has unsaved changes and a green tick icon when the tab file is saved.
In the example below, there are two tabs visible - one tab shows the saved icon, while the other tab shows the unsaved icon.
Have Questions? Post them here!
More Posts related to NotepadPlusPlus,
- Notepad++ Editor alternatives for macOS
- How to add or remove bookmark on a line in Notepad++
- Notepad++ do not show CRLF characters
- Reduce the size of Tabs on Notepad++
- Delete blank lines in a file using Notepad++
- Fix: Notepad++ bottom status bar not visible
- Notepad++ Hex Editor
- How to show End of Line Characters in File using Notepad++
- [Tutorial] Write And Run Python Code In Notepad++ Editor
- How to install XML Tools Plugin Notepad++
- Customizing Notepad++ New Document Line Encoding: CR/LF/CR LF
- How to remove blank lines from a file using Notepad++
- Column Mode Editing in Notepad++
- Convert text to random case using Notepad++
- How to recover unsaved notepad file Windows 10
- How to delete all text after a character or string in Notepad++
- Setting up Cloud feature with Notepad++
- Install Notepad++ silently using Windows Powershell
- Using Document Map in Notepad++
- Enabling Notepad++ Dark Theme
- [Fix] Notepad++ tab not visible (hidden)
- Where are Notepad++ macros stored?
- Multiple line editing in Notepad++
- Alternatives for Notepad++ on Mac in 2021
- [Nopepad++] How to add text at end of each line
- How to Install Python Modules in VS Code - Python
- Enable macOS Stage Manager - MacOS
- Git Fix: fatal: refusing to merge unrelated histories Error - Git
- How to fix java.net.NoRouteToHostException in Android Studio - Android-Studio
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server - SharePoint
- Unable to establish connection to adb : Android Studio Error - Android
- How to identify the version of IntelliJ - HowTos
- Most Essencial AWS CLI 2 S3 ls Command Options - AWS