What is Terminal Velocity?
Answer: Terminal velocity is the maximum velocity attainable by an object as it falls through a fluid.
It occurs when the sum of the drag force (Fd) and the buoyancy is equal to the downward force of gravity (FG) acting on the object.
What is the Terminal Velocity Formula?
Vt = sqrt ( (2 * m * g) / (Cd * ρ * A))
where, Vt = Terminal Velocity. m = Mass of the falling object. g = Acceleration due to gravity. Cd = Drag coefficient. ρ = Density of the fluid through which the object is falling. A = Projected area of the object.
How to calculate Terminal Velocity Programatically?
Let's see an example in Python Prorgamming:
# Python program to calculate # Terminal Velocity # # author: Code2care.org import math def calculate_terminal_velocity(m, g, c, p, a): print("Python Program to calculate Terminal Velocity:") print("-------------------------------------------") print("Mass of the falling object: ", m) print("Acceleration due to gravity: ", g) print("Drag coefficient: ",c) print("Density of the fluid through which the object is falling: ",p) print("Projected area of the object: ",a) #TerminalVelocity = Vt = sqrt ( (2 * m * g) / (Cd * ρ * A)) terminal_velocity = math.sqrt((2*m*g)/(c*p*a)) print('-------------------------------------------') print("Terminal Velocity Calculated: ", terminal_velocity) calculate_terminal_velocity(100, 20, 0.5, 40, 50)
- Read JSON File in Python Program
- Convert Float to String in Python
- Python - Convert float to String
- Check if String Contains a Substring - Python
- Install and Run Jupyter Notebook on Mac (macOS)
- Sorting an array using Bubble Sort in Python Programming
- Comments in Python Programming
- 3 Python program to add two numbers
- Read a file line by line in Python Program
- How to uninstall pip Python packages
- Change label (text) color in tkinter
- 7 Python Arithmetic Operators with Examples [Tutorial]
- pip get list of all outdated Python packages
- Where does brew install python in macOS
- How to Convert String to DateTime in Python
- Python: Fix command not found pip or pip3 on zsh shell
- How to add borders to tkinter label text
- ModuleNotFoundError: No module named qdarkstyle.colorsystem [Python]
- TypeError: must be str, not int
- Python Program To Calculate Simple Interest (SimpleInterest.py)
- Check version of pip package installer for Python
- Change the background of Tkinter label or text
- Set width and height for the label in tkinter
- How to write JSON file in Python Program
- Python raise error with message example
- How to activate and use Microsoft Teams Together mode - Microsoft
- List of 32 CSS cursors web developers must know about - CSS
- List of jars required for Struts2 project - Java
- How to uninstall pip Python packages - Python
- Run Java Code Every Second - Java
- How to copy file name and path to clipboard in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception - SharePoint
- hibernate.cfg.xml Configuration and Mapping xml Example - Java