If you see the above pop-up message when trying to save a file in Notepad++, the reason is it is open with some other application like MS Word, Excel, or you are running a program (Java, Python, C# any code) that is still running and has acquired a lock on this file which is not released.
1) Make sure you close the file open in some other program such as MS Excel and now try to save the file.
2) Try to stop the execution of your programming code that has locked this file.
3) If nothing works Copy-Paste the file content in a new tab and save a new copy, restart your system and the lock should be released.
- How to add Date and Time to Windows Notepad File
- 25 Notepad++ Command Argument List
- Convert text to random case using Notepad++
- Enabling Notepad++ Dark Theme
- Using Document Map in Notepad++
- Launch Notepad++ html document in any web browser
- Show Notepad++ tabs in multiple lines instead of scroll on tab bar
- Word count in Notepad++
- Notepad++ display files on tab bar as horizontal instead of vertical
- Unable to edit file in Notepad++
- Calculate Volume of Pyramid - C-Program
- Launch Notepad++ html document in any web browser - NotepadPlusPlus
- Sublime Text spell check shortcut - Sublime
- Download interrupted: Unknown Host dl-ssl.google.com Error Android SDK Manager - Android
- Android Launch! The connection to adb is down, and a severe error has occured - Android
- How to resolve Certificate Expired WhatsApp Error - WhatsApp
- Transfer files between Android and Mac OS X using usb cable - Mac-OS-X
- Make Bootstrap Button look like a link - Bootstrap
- Horizontally Center Align tag in HTML using CSS - CSS
- Android R Cannot Be Resolved To A Variable - Android
- Convert SQL to CSV in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Hide Scrollbar from Android Views - Android
- Error running 'app': No target device found. - Android-Studio
- PHP 301 Redirect Permanently - PHP
- How to enable Do Not Disturb mode for Notification Center in Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite - Mac-OS-X