If you see the above pop-up message when trying to save a file in Notepad++, the reason is it is open with some other application like MS Word, Excel, or you are running a program (Java, Python, C# any code) that is still running and has acquired a lock on this file which is not released.
1) Make sure you close the file open in some other program such as MS Excel and now try to save the file.
2) Try to stop the execution of your programming code that has locked this file.
3) If nothing works Copy-Paste the file content in a new tab and save a new copy, restart your system and the lock should be released.
- [Solution] Notepad++ Compare option unavailable
- How to delete all text after a character or string in Notepad++
- Notepad++ hex editor Examples
- Add Custom header and footer to Windows Notepad file
- Unable to edit file in Notepad++
- Locate Notepad++ unsaved files backup location
- Add Text at Start and End of Each Line Notepad++
- [Tutorial] How to Customize Notepad++ Toolbar
- How to hide lines in Notepad++
- How to close all tabs of Notepad++?
- Notepad++ Save Failed - Please check if this file is opened in another program.
- How to connect to an FTP or SFTP location using Notepad++
- How to add or remove bookmark on a line in Notepad++
- Enabling Notepad++ Dark Theme
- Notepad++ Reload - This file has been modified by another program. Do you want to reload it?
- Prettify JSON in Notepad++
- Portable Notepad++ for windows
- Alternatives for Notepad++ on Mac in 2021
- Indent XML Formatting In Notepad++
- Go to Line Number option in Windows Notepad
- Word count in Notepad++
- Show Notepad++ tabs in multiple lines instead of scroll on tab bar
- [Nopepad++] How to add text at end of each line
- How to open a new tab in Notepad++
- How to open Notepad?
- PHP drag and drop file upload tutorial using dropzone.js - PHP
- How to Word wrap eclipse console logs width - Eclipse
- How to ls command to output one entry per line [macOS/Linux/Bash] - Linux
- Sublime Text 3 spell check shortcut - Sublime
- Replace new line with comma in Sublime Text Editor - Sublime-Text
- How to write hello world different languages syntax - HowTos
- Graph API error when querying BookingBusinesses - ErrorExceededFindCountLimit, The GetBookingMailboxes request returned too many results - Microsoft
- Bash command to wait for seconds - Bash