If you see the above pop-up message when trying to save a file in Notepad++, the reason is it is open with some other application like MS Word, Excel, or you are running a program (Java, Python, C# any code) that is still running and has acquired a lock on this file which is not released.
1) Make sure you close the file open in some other program such as MS Excel and now try to save the file.
2) Try to stop the execution of your programming code that has locked this file.
3) If nothing works Copy-Paste the file content in a new tab and save a new copy, restart your system and the lock should be released.
- Enabling Notepad++ Dark Theme
- Base 64 Encoding Decoding In Notepad++
- Notepad++ Editor alternatives for Mac OS X
- Replace tabs by spaces or comma Notepad++
- Word wrap text in Notepad++
- How to Convert CSV file to SQL Script using Notepad++
- Add Custom header and footer to Windows Notepad file
- Show Notepad++ tabs in multiple lines instead of scroll on tab bar
- Change default language highlighting in Notepad++
- Delete blank lines in a file using Notepad++
- [Nopepad++] How to add text at end of each line
- Setting up Cloud feature with Notepad++
- Notepad++ Save Failed - Please check if this file is opened in another program.
- Find and Replace Multiple different words with the same word in a text file
- How to un-hide tab bar in notepad++
- Convert text to random case using Notepad++
- Word count in Notepad++
- Compare two text files in Notepad++
- How to check about details of Notepad++ text editor
- How to connect to an FTP or SFTP location using Notepad++
- How do I run HTML file in Notepad? (Windows)
- Where are Notepad++ macros stored?
- How to turn off CR LF CRLF in Notepad++
- Notepad++ Ghost typing Examples
- Add Text at Start and End of Each Line Notepad++
- Hurry! Uninstall Adobe Flash Player - End Of Life, support end in December 2020 - News
- [Solved] Notepad++ Menu Bar Missing - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to display Toast in a thread : Android - Android
- PowerShell iterate and get all SharePoint sites and sub sites - SharePoint
- 30+ Zoom video communications application shortcuts for macOS - MacOS