Analyzing SharePoint logs has never been an easy task. Though there are tools available for better reading of logs, huge log files can always give you some pain and extra efforts.
What to do when the log file is very huge in size. Is there a way to create a new fresh logfile whenever required? The answer is Yes!New-SPLogFile PowerShell cmdlet
Whenever you feel the current log file is getting large (even a few MBs), use the New-SPLogFile command to generate a new log file quickly.
Just open SharePoint Management Shell as administrator (right-click - run as administrator) and type below commandSyntax |CBS||New-SPLogFile [-AssignmentCollection <SPAssignmentCollection>]
where AssignmentCollection is an optional parameter which manages objects for the purpose of proper disposal.Example: New-SPLogFile
So simple, yet very handy command.
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- SharePoint - Use Today's Date Time in list view filter and calculated column
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- How to configure PDF iFilter for SharePoint
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- How to enable missing SharePoint Site Assets, Site Pages library App
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- How to recover SharePoint FARM if the SQL Server IP changes
- SharePoint - The URL is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web.
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- Show Hide SharePoint column in List Library form with the conditional formula
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- SharePoint 2010 DataForm Unable to display this Web Part System.StackOverflowException
- Trigger Flow on selected Listitem from SharePoint view - create button with JSON column formatting
- SharePoint Server 2016 error Microsoft Office Online Server 2016 cant be installed on the same machine as a Microsoft SharePoint Server product
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- Sign in as different user missing in SharePoint 2013, how to enable
- Fix error The tool was unable to install the Web Server (IIS) Role during SharePoint 2019 Setup
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL
- SharePoint Server 2016 setup error - A system restart from a previous installation or update is pending. Restart your computer and run setup to continue.
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint PowerShell Merge-SPLogFile filter by time using StartTime EndTime
- How to fix: Please check your network connection (Retry) - HowTos
- Page actions are temporarily disabled [Google Search Console Page Crawling] - Google
- Disable Back Button in Android Programmatically - Android
- How to place two div elements next to each other - CSS
- [Vi/Vim] How to move cursor to the start of a line - MacOS
- Toast not getting displayed Android App - Android
- Default speed of Marquee tag : SCROLLAMOUNT - Html
- MacoOS - xyz is an app downloaded from the internet. Are you sure you want to open it? Alert - MacOS
- Python Hello World! Program with code example (snippet) - Python
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source - SharePoint
- Enable Eclipse dark mode - Eclipse
- Add Text at Start and End of Each Line Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Change color of macOS terminal prompt - MacOS
- Users experience call quality issue, voice distortion, disconnection with Microsoft Teams call and meeting - Teams
- Unable to connect to the Internet : Google Chrome - Chrome
- Spotlight Search file path location on Mac OS X Mavericks or Yosemite - Mac-OS-X
- How to rerun last command in Zsh shell - HowTos
- Calculate Area of ellipse - C-Program