Analyzing SharePoint logs has never been an easy task. Though there are tools available for better reading of logs, huge log files can always give you some pain and extra efforts.
What to do when the log file is very huge in size. Is there a way to create a new fresh logfile whenever required? The answer is Yes!New-SPLogFile PowerShell cmdlet
Whenever you feel the current log file is getting large (even a few MBs), use the New-SPLogFile command to generate a new log file quickly.
Just open SharePoint Management Shell as administrator (right-click - run as administrator) and type below commandSyntax |CBS||New-SPLogFile [-AssignmentCollection <SPAssignmentCollection>]
where AssignmentCollection is an optional parameter which manages objects for the purpose of proper disposal.Example: New-SPLogFile
So simple, yet very handy command.
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- How to share SharePoint site or document with all users in organization
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- error CAML Query containing special characters
- Access URL for SharePoint Tenant Admin Center (Online Office 365)
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started
- SharePoint - The URL is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web.
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.Net
- How to Share Microsoft SharePoint Site with Users or Groups
- JSON column formatting to preview SharePoint Online file on mouse hover
- SharePoint List redirect user after submitting form NewForm.aspx
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint)
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help. (OSE403)
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- How to wrap column text in SharePoint Online Modern List Grid View using JSON formatting
- How to extend retiring SharePoint 2010 Workflows and continue with Office 365
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint
- How to hide or remove quick launch left navigation from SharePoint Online Modern site page
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- How to Auto Click Mouse on Mac every X Seconds - MacOS
- Where does brew install python in macOS - Python
- Multiple ways to Convert tabs with spaces in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Locate MainActivity Java or Kotlin file in Android Studio - Android-Studio
- Auto Execute a command or script on Mac Terminal Startup - MacOS
- How to Change Eclipse Default Web Browser - Eclipse
- Quick steps to install Nginx on Ubuntu Linux - Ubuntu
- How to comment code in Python - Python