If you are a developer or an admin and want to install the Microsoft Teams application on a Mac (Macbook) using Terminal in a silent way, then you can make use of the brew cask command.
Note: As a prerequisite you should have homebrew installed on your Intel/M1/M2 based Mac.
Below are the steps to install Teams using Mac Terminal.
- Open Terminal Application on your Mac.
- Now run the below command to install Teams.
brew install --cask microsoft-teams
==> Downloading https://formulae.brew.sh/api/cask.jws.json ####### 100.0% ==> Downloading https://statics.teams.cdn.office.net/production-osx/1.6.00.24065/Teams_osx.pkg ####### 100.0% ==> Installing Cask microsoft-teams ==> Running installer for microsoft-teams; your password may be necessary. Package installers may write to any location; options such as `--appdir` are ignored. Password: installer: Package name is Microsoft Teams installer: Installing at base path / installer: The install was successful. 🍺 microsoft-teams was successfully installed!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to start Microsoft Teams on Mac Startup
- 5 ways to pop out a Chat in Microsoft Teams
- Fix - Microsoft Teams Error Code - 80090016
- How to track and download Microsoft Teams meeting attendance report of participants/students
- How to know the version of Teams installed
- How to Install Microsoft Teams App on M1 or M2 Mac
- Fix - You're missing out! Ask your admin to enable Microsoft Teams
- How to fix Microsoft Teams Error Code caa70004
- [Microsoft Teams] You're not on Teams yet, but you can set it up for your organization.
- Microsoft Teams Error - You cannot add another work account to Teams at the moment
- Fix Microsoft Teams error We're sorry—we have run into an issue Try again
- Microsoft Teams: Delay in sending and receiving messages - TM495986
- How to enable Do Not Disturb (DND) mode in Microsoft Teams
- Fix Microsoft Teams Admin Center error - The Security zone setting isnt configured correctly
- Microsoft Teams - Where would you like to start - Business or Personal
- Microsoft Teams adds New Conversation Button
- How to Quit Microsoft Teams when App Closed on Mac
- Microsoft Teams: Sign-in is blocked error
- How to Uninstall Microsoft Teams on Mac
- Enable and reduce background noise in Microsoft Teams with AI-based noise suppression
- How to install Microsoft Teams on Mac using Terminal (Silently)
- How to Enable Dark Mode Theme in Microsoft Teams
- Error code - 7: There's a more permanent way to sign in to Microsoft Teams
- Common Microsoft Teams sign in errors and how to fix
- Teams - You're offline. Messages you send while offline will be sent when you're back online
- Mac: How to Change Terminal Background Color - MacOS
- TextEdit alternative for Mac - MacOS
- ls command to list only directories - Linux
- Python: Append Values as Prefix or Suffix to a Set Elements - Python
- How to make Mac Terminal Black - MacOS
- How to Compare two Files in Bash Shell - Bash
- Notepad++ Reload - This file has been modified by another program. Do you want to reload it? - NotepadPlusPlus